Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Senate voted to move forward on the Secure Fence

The Senate voted to move forward on the Secure Fence Act of 2006 on Wednesday. It is a House passed measure that would authorize the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the U.S. Mexico border.

Vote Counts: YEAs 94
    NAYs 0
    Not Voting 6

Akaka (D-HI), Not Voting
    Menendez (D-NJ), Not Voting
    Inouye (D-HI), Not Voting
    Kennedy (D-MA), Not Voting
    Kerry (D-MA), Not Voting
    Dodd (D-CT), Not Voting

Yippee!!!

Now...show US the money....to build it!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

According to Lou Dobbs...the 94-0 vote was just to begin the "debate" on the bill...not approval or passage of the bill.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

According to Lou Dobbs...the 94-0 vote was just to begin the "debate" on the bill...not approval or passage of the bill.
    Yes, those people are amazing, like if they don't have anything more important to do, so they vote to give themselves the ok to begin the debate and the voting on the bill, how about starting the debate without wasting a day in nonsence? the more I follow these people behaviour the more I despite them, and honestly all of them, what are they doing for the American people? Anything they do is either because they are afraid to be booted out or because of partisan crap, so if Republicans say the sky is blue, Democrat will deffinitly come out arguing against that and use some kind of logic to bull... the American People thinking they are all stupid, and the same thing applies on Republicans, I'm sick and tired of all of them, eventhough they voted today to scam the American people and gave themselves permition to start the process for a real vote. Untill something is done that can not be reversed after the elections, I'm not giving any of them a break, especilay in November.

LOL, they just okd debate on the bill so they can decide to NOT PASS IT! :P

Banned
    I think there was some concern that the Democrats would try to filibuster it, but voting to close debate means it nows goes on to an up or down vote.