Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Feinstein’s response on 2007 Farm Bill.

Arggg......

Money, Money, Money

Dear Mr.xxxxxx

Thank you writing to me about the upcoming 2007 Farm Bill. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Your input is valuable to me as the Senate begins to look towards the upcoming Farm Bill. I understand that you wish to see a Farm Bill that prioritizes the family farmer, conservation efforts, and sustainable farming. Like you, I am deeply committed to protecting the environment and I, too, support conservation and sustainable farming programs. As the nation's leading agricultural producing and exporting state, the Farm Bill has sweeping impacts for California. As you may know, agriculture and related industries contribute more than $100 billion a year to our state's economy. Please know I will carefully consider all provisions within the Farm Bill, and I will keep your thoughts in mind when the Senate begins to discuss this bill.

Again, thank you for your letter. I hope you will continue to write me about issues that are important to you. If you have any additional comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. staff at (202) 224-3841.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
    United States Senator

I will contact them about mechanization, then, even if it means importing machinery because the US hasn't been inventing much.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The US has been inventing some new farm equipment. Feinstein should check it out at the Ag Expo in California: http://www.worldagexpo.com/general_info/general.html

This used to be called the California Farm Equipment Show, and is only about 3 hours from her home in San Francisco. It looks like Guliani was at the last show. If he can come all the way from New York to attend, I am sure she could make it also.

Here is some of the new ag equipment featured. Check out the new tractor design, third item down: http://www.worldagexpo.com/exhibitor/newproducts.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wouldn't count on it - feinstein loves the illegals.

Did you notice that this was put on by the "International Agri-Center?'? But that's not a problem to me;I'm for whatever it takes to refom this industry using machines--US or imported. However, replacing human labor with machines--which is what I am in favor of--will also push many of them into construction jobs, which we also have to clean up. (Sigh) It's going to be a long game--kind of like catching a greased pig. But I will do what I can.

I have had some other comments on mechanized harvesting. See threads:
    Imported Machines Replace Imported Workers!
    and
    Hooray!! Robotic fruit pickers are coming!

Yes this show is not far from Feinstein's home, but US senators are very rarely at their homes--get real. Calling their offices is about the only way. Or perhaps they could send an aide.

I have tried to get some discussion going about how to stop the illlegal contracting that is going on---often the next step from farmwork. I've been providing some ideas based upon my knowledge of contracting regulation. Please get serious folks!! These are tricky rules to follow (in reporting unlawful activity) but state and local authorities have been known to respond.

I would encourage people to contact Feinstein's office and speak up for modernization in agriculture. Harvesting machines are not that
    expensive and farmers could share them. Here is a good number for Feinstein. Be polite: 202-224-3481
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David