Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dear __ _______:

Thank you for contacting me regarding our nation’s border security. I welcome your thoughts and comments on this issue.

Texas is a state that uniquely benefits from the contributions of legal immigrants, but it is also vulnerable to the dangers of illegal immigration. Since I was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 1993, my principles have been clear and consistent: we must secure our borders. I began the effort to double the number of border patrol agents early in 1995 and have continued to provide resources for border security, barriers, and additional personnel since then.

In the fiscal year (FY) 2006 Emergency Supplemental Appropriations bill, I strongly supported provisions for an additional $1.9 billion in immediate funding for border security to cover the first 1,000 of 6,000 new Border Patrol agents hired this year and in 2008. These funds assisted with the deployment of up to 6,000 National Guard troops aiding the Border Patrol with surveillance and logistics, and I worked to include $274 million to fund additional U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigators, and 168 detention officers in the FY 2005 Emergency Defense Supplemental Appropriations bill.

This bill also included 1,950 detention beds and $4 million for officers training programs. In the FY 2002 Treasury and General Government Appropriations bill, I secured pay increases and bonuses for Border Patrol agents, which helped spur recruitment.

Not only do we need to increase the Border Patrol’s capabilities, but the federal government must also work to stem the tide of illegal immigration. To that end, the administration has finally ended catch and release and accelerated the deportation process, an action I have advocated for years.

H.R. 6061, the Secure Fence Act of 2006, was introduced by Representative Peter King (R-NY) on September 13, 2006 and signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2006. This legislation directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to provide at least two layers of reinforced fencing and install additional physical barriers, roads, lighting, cameras, and sensors within 18 months of enactment. The exact location of the barriers along the Texas-Mexico border would be mandated by Congress. Although I expressed reservations about members of Congress who have never even visited Texas dictating where the fence will be built, I voted in favor of the Secure Fence Act because the border is so porous and we needed immediate action. I did, however, receive pledges from leaders of Congress to revisit granting border patrol agents and local officials more flexibility in determining fencing locations.

As the fence was being constructed, border patrol agents combating illegal activity on our Texas border asked me to work to give them more flexibility. Their first-hand accounts of drug runners and coyotes moving their routes while our agents were bound by Congressional mandates convinced me to redouble my efforts. To address these concerns, I introduced an amendment to require consultation with local officials and border patrol agents. This amendment passed three times as part of the FY 2008 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act on July 26, 2007, and the FY 2008 Department of Defense Appropriations Act on October 3, 2007. The language was also included in the omnibus appropriations bill that was signed into law on December 26, 2007. It does not require agreement; it only requires consultation with local officials.

You may be certain I will keep your views in mind as I continue to work to improve the flaws in our current immigration system. More needs to be done to secure our borders, and I continue to seek additional emergency spending to immediately address this national security issue.

I appreciate hearing from you and hope you will not hesitate to keep in touch on any issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,
    Kay Bailey Hutchison
    <div>If you love this nation, please stop illegal immigration.</div>

Banned
    Form letter

When you click the issue when sending an email or talk to a staffer
    that takes your address , they just click the immigration box and
    you get an automated form letter sent out

I have a hundred of them ,

I even emailed Reid on 3 different aspects of illegal immigration
    and got back the exact same form letter in the mail for all
    3 issues

JMO , its much more fun to call their staffers and give it to them

Do not be deceived.

She also voted for the "Dream Act", then went on local conservative radio to say"maybe it was a mistake". I have written several times and received her standard immigration form letter.
    She also supports a guest worker program.....

Just yesterday I challenged her to support the SAVE ACT. I encourage all Texans and Americans to challenge their senators to do likewise and prove they represent the interests of American citizens over foreign nationals.

The senator sent me basically same letter I do not see her as a friend of the American worker/taxpayer her spin is working both sides of the fence for corporations in my opinion. She has talked of running for governor and I know one vote she will not receive.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I hope the damage she has done to the fence is undone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of Note:

Here is the deal.
    McCain, Kaye Hutchison, Rudy G. , and a host of RINO's should just do the right thing. They are not real Republicans, we know that and they know that. About 12 U.S. Senators and many in the House at the national level and more in the state ledg's.
    They need to serve America by just going ahead and join the Democrat party. This one act by this RINO group would save America from its real trouble, the commies and loons in control of the Democratic party. In fact if they would do this the Democrats would hand them the same status they now have via the time they have served, just like the Republicans did with Ralph Hall who swicthed from the D to an R.
    These RINO's then would be remembered forever as the ones who saved America from the real threat of the loon fringe who now control the Democrats. It would take them just a few years to purge the likes of John F. Kerry, Kennedy, and Shummer from the Senate and it would be easy to unelect Nancy the loon from Claif.

Just do the right thing Kaye, John, Rudy, ect.
    Its your highest and best use, you know it and we know it.

Banned
    When the dream act was all but dead she offered to
    make a deal with Durbin and revive it

It didn't happen but I will never forgive her for that and
    other things

Here let me fix the title for you txkayaker.