Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Mike Lee calls for a balanced budget amendment?

SEE: Balance Budget Amendment to be pushed in new Congress says Senator-elect Mike Lee

[b][i]When Utah Senator-elect Mike Lee arrives in Washington, he will push for a balanced budget amendment in the Senate, while simultaneously, a group called Balanced Budget Amendment Now will pressure Congress through a grassroots campaign that encourages voters to write to their senators and ask them to support the amendment.

“We have a draft already,â€

I think you are right on about Lee and why???? because most Americans do not know what our founding fathers intended, there for it is likely they can get away with anything they want, BTW that includes me.....How sad huh!

Keep up the good work John, education is a powerful tool and there are plenty of us out here who need it.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    I think you are right on about Lee and why???? because most Americans do not know what our founding fathers intended, there for it is likely they can get away with anything they want, BTW that includes me.....How sad huh!

Keep up the good work John, education is a powerful tool and there are plenty of us out here who need it.
    I’m trying to do my part but I’m getting old and tired!

For a more thorough documented account of the apportioned direct tax CLICK HERE.

Regards,

JWK

First off Thanks John for another great post. I venture not far that such a topic with the proof for the pudding would be hard sought after in the MSM, or many other outlets as well.

I will tread softly here as I have not much desire for stirring a contentious brew that would lead us astray, especially beings it would not take long to leave me pulling my hair out. But, with that said, if I understand your post and reference concerning the direct tax being enforced only when needed for the federal government to balance the budget for the year ?prior?, for obligations that have exceeded the indirect taxation allowed for by the Constitution for the expenses of the federal government, then would that not mean that the income tax would be unconstitutional on the grounds that the federal government has full intention of exceeding their expenses above and beyond their constitutionally mandated methods of taxation, indirect taxes? Perhaps not unconstitutional, but at least viewed as devious.

If income tax is viewed as a direct tax, then the only way the federal government could justify such a tax would be by exceeding year after year their budget and means of balancing said budget.

I am left wondering just how many times I have heard the proposals of a balanced budget amendment during my lifetime? Seems to run with the energy independence schemes, always talked about, yet always forgotten once the smoke clears and attentions are diverted.

Not all has sunk in yet, but I venture that following the Constitution with regards to the feds appropriated expense allotment would have far reaching implications that some over fed entities may object to.

With a fiat currency (a printing press) and a constitutional mandate for a balanced budget as provided for by the Constitution pressure would be applied to put the brakes on much inflation as well, yes?

I like the sounds of following the prescribed route provided for by the founders, just trying to grasp all of the implications beyond just the accountability factor of the congress critters.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

I’m trying to do my part but I’m getting old and tired!

For a more thorough documented account of the apportioned direct tax CLICK HERE.

Regards,

JWK
    I hear you on the old and tired I am up there too, but hopefully never to old to learn. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge as I am sure many other do also.

sosadforus
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

SOSADFORUS wrote,
    old and tired
    Old and tired? Ha!........I got a plan for staying young, I pull every gray hair I find.............only problem I have now is that my hair seems to be thinning, and receding a bit too.