Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Murray's (D-WA) response.

, I had written Sen. Murray, 7 times in the 2 weeks around the procedural votes on the AMNESTY bills. I received this same email, all together this AM...the same one 7 times in a row!!!! Maybe I got someone's goat!!!

Dear Ms. XXXXXXX :

Thank you for contacting me regarding the immigration debate in the U.S. Senate. It is good to hear from you.

As you know, the U.S. Senate considered changes to immigration law that built upon the debate from last year. These efforts would affect more than just undocumented workers here in the United States - it would affect every American in one way or another.

It is clear that our immigration system is broken and that fixing our immigration policies is critical for communities and industries in Washington State and across our nation. That is why I support a comprehensive immigration reform package, one that enhances our security, strengthens our economy, and reflects our core values as Americans. The proposals that were considered, S. 1348, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007, and S. 1639, a similar comprehensive immigration reform bill, would have both enhanced border security and enforcement and addressed legal and illegal immigration.

I had serious concerns about portions of the immigration legislation that were considered, but I believe the problems with our current system were important enough to address that Congress should have had a full opportunity to debate the issues and work towards tough, fair and practical reform.

After considering both S. 1348 and S. 1639, the Senate failed to get the 60 votes needed to get cloture on either bill , which would have move d the bills forward to a final passage vote. As I work with my Senate colleagues on this issue further and should the U.S. Senate consider similar legislation regarding immigration reform in the 110th Congress, be assured I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the immigration debate with me. Please keep in touch.

I hope all is well in Bellevue .
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

It is clear that our immigration system is broken and that fixing our immigration policies is critical for communities and industries in Washington State and across our nation. That is why I support a comprehensive immigration reform package, one that enhances our security, strengthens our economy, and reflects our core values as Americans. The proposals that were considered, S. 1348, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007, and S. 1639, a similar comprehensive immigration reform bill, would have both enhanced border security and enforcement and addressed legal and illegal immigration.
    Pure and simple - she's an Amnesty supporter. She even had the gall to vote YEA on cloture on s. 1639. She's very misguided and is in the pockets of the OBL and business interests. Stay on her and don't let up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi zeezil,

Both of my Senator's are in the OBL and big business pockets. I DO keep after them and certainly will NOT give up. Note the 7 responses...that doesn't include the phone calls!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Good persistence on your part. I also got several responses (3) from Murray's office (same letter you got) at 8:45pm-8:54pm-9:22pm all in a row last night. Look's like she's doing her damage control and the content of her letter is aimed to put her on the fence so that she appears to support both sides of the issues. Despicable political psycho-babble. We know whe's an ardent OBL and pro-amnesty supporter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From the top to the bottom you will find pro amnesty stands in Washington state politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalododger
    From the top to the bottom you will find pro amnesty stands in Washington state politicians.
    So true...state and local, too. I feel like I moved to LaLaLand!!!

Course in Miami, I had Mel....oh joy!
    TIME'S UP!

I am voting straight independents from here on out in Washington state.
    Not because I see a better pool of political stands but rather as a way to throw a wrench into the amnesty cog that has been spinning here for so many years.

Yes , a protest vote at every chance.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalododger
    Call it the translocation of "California Values". It's being promoted here in the Carolinas by the McClatchy Co. who owns 2 newspapers in NC (Raleigh and Charlotte) and 5 in SC (Beaufort, Rock Hill, Bluffton, Columbia and Myrtle Beach). The McClatchy Co. is headquartered in Sacramento, CA. They routinely, as an editorial opinion in their fiefdom of newspapers, skewer Senator Dole and Senator DeMint and promote Senator Graham by stating what fine leadership he has shown on immigration. It's thoroughly disgusting and obviously pro-OBL.