Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Senator Sessions: Ted Cruz ‘Played Key Role’ in Fight Against Amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senator Sessions: Ted Cruz ‘Played Key Role’ in Fight Against Amnesty

by CAROLINE MAY
    29 Jan 2016

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) championed the opposition to the ‘Gang of Eight’ immigration bill, and Gov. Jeb Bush’s support for legalization of illegal immigrants is slightly more tenable than Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)’s (R-FL) support for citizenship, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) said Jan. 29.

Bush’s immigration-policy “book does not favor citizenship” for illegals who are allowed to legally stay in the United States, Sessions said Friday on the Howie Carr Show, when he was asked about Bush and Rubio’s immigration exchange during the Jan. 28 Fox News GOP debate in Iowa.

But, he added, “Marco’s… ‘Gang of Eight’ bill favors citizenship — [and] it sounds like he still does — I think that’s a big mistake.”

The Alabama lawmaker also offered his take on accusations that Sen. Ted Cruz flip-flopped on the Gang of Eight bill. The bill was passed through the Senate in 2014, but was stopped by the GOP majority in the House in 2014.

“I thought [Cruz] did not want it to pass and as the debate went forward and he became more and more a champion against it,” Sessions said. “I said — when he came to Alabama recently — I’m not sure this bill would not have passed had he not opposed it.”

Sessions recalled how the Gang of Eight bill passed in the Senate in 2013, but Cruz was “really active” in also opposing it when it was sent to the House for consideration. “So I know he played a key role,” Sessions said. “It was close over there [in the House] and he was able to stop it.”

“I know he opposed that bill with integrity,” he added.

“I don’t think we should give every benefit to someone who enters this country unlawfully that you would give to somebody who entered the country lawfully. I mean, there is no obligation for this,” Sessions said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...lip-flop-spat/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    The Alabama lawmaker also offered his take on accusations that Sen. Ted Cruz flip-flopped on the Gang of Eight bill. The bill was passed through the Senate in 2014, but was stopped by the GOP majority in the House in 2014.

“I thought [Cruz] did not want it to pass and as the debate went forward and he became more and more a champion against it,” Sessions said. “I said — when he came to Alabama recently — I’m not sure this bill would not have passed had he not opposed it.”

Sessions recalled how the Gang of Eight bill passed in the Senate in 2013, but Cruz was “really active” in also opposing it when it was sent to the House for consideration. “So I know he played a key role,” Sessions said. “It was close over there [in the House] and he was able to stop it.”

“I know he opposed that bill with integrity,” he added.
    Thank you, Sen. Session. For any doubting Thomases out there, this should clear it up for them.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, it doesn't clear it up.

“I don’t think we should give every benefit to someone who enters this country unlawfully that you would give to somebody who entered the country lawfully. I mean, there is no obligation for this,” Sessions said.
    So legalization of illegal aliens is okay if they don't have citizenship and vote Democrat? That's what it looks like, sounds like, walks like, talks like.

So all these people that we've helped elect to Congress don't really want to deport illegal aliens, it's okay if they stay here and steal jobs, sign up for welfare and tax credits, and breed US citizens, run drugs, rape and murder, operate illegal enterprises and steal the lives of Americans through every ways and means imaginable, so long as they don't have citizenship and register as Democrats.

And some of us wonder why this problem has never been solved.

Donald Trump will solve it, because he's going to get them the hell out of here so they can't live, work or vote here.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    No, it doesn't clear it up.

So legalization of illegal aliens is okay if they don't have citizenship and vote Democrat? That's what it looks like, sounds like, walks like, talks like.

So all these people that we've helped elect to Congress don't really want to deport illegal aliens, it's okay if they stay here and steal jobs, sign up for welfare and tax credits, and breed US citizens, run drugs, rape and murder, operate illegal enterprises and steal the lives of Americans through every ways and means imaginable, so long as they don't have citizenship and register as Democrats.

And some of us wonder why this problem has never been solved.

Donald Trump will solve it, because he's going to get them the hell out of here so they can't live, work or vote here.
    What in the world are you even talking about? How many times does this have to be explained to you? Cruz's amendment was a poison pill designed specifically to kill the bill. He forced the Democrats hand and proved that they would accept nothing short of a full fledged path to citizenshiip for illegals. He, and Sen. Sessions, knew the amendment wouldn't pass, it was submitted to force the Democrats out in the open and it worked. How many more times does this have to be explained to you? Besides that, Cruz is now saying that he will deport illegals and among other things fully enforce our immigration laws. In my view that's sounds much better than Trump's merit-based system, expedited return policy, or his admitted support of comprehensive immigration reform!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, every time you "explain" this to me, you force me to point out to you, that the "poison pill" is perjury, a con, a deception, under oath in the US Senate. You can not stand or sit before a Congressional hearing and lie under oath, claiming you support a bill and will vote for it, when you have no intention of doing so and confess to such in a GOP Debate 3 years later in front of 18 million witnesses.

Jeff Sessions is a former prosecutor. I'm certain he's familiar with the laws of perjury. So like I said before, he needs to back up and walk away, because something is wrong here. Either he doesn't know what Ted Cruz said in those hearings, maybe he's never watched the videos, maybe he's just relying on the amendment and not the testimony made about it, maybe he's been buffooned into this mess by Tricky Ted, I don't know. Maybe he didn't watch the December 15th Debate. I don't know.

It's hard for me to believe that if Jeff actually knew what Ted Cruz testified to under oath numerous times on not one amendment but 6 Cruz amendments to the Gang of Eight Bill. This wasn't just one amendment, there were 5 other Cruz amendments. Cruz offered 6 amendments and testified ad naseum about them all while claiming he supports the Gang of Eight bill, he supports legalization, he supports letting illegal aliens just stay until after border security and then decide what to do with them, he supports 5 times more H1B visas every year from 65,000 to 300,000, double legal immigration by increasing green cards from 675,000 to 1,300,000, he supports bringing them in out of the shadows, he supports Legal Permanent Residence etc., etc. It's all on the tapes.

Why would Jeff Sessions support someone who testified under oath that they support these actions and submitted amendments requesting these actions that if sworn testimony isn't enough to prove the point, the amendment documents signed by Cruz certainly do.

We can't have a Congress that permits its own members to lie to Congress. Jeff Sessions would never support anyone who did that if he knew about it. At least I don't think he would.

At this point, there's enough evidence for Ted Cruz to be prosecuted for perjury and if convicted be sent to a Federal Pen for 3 years per count, which based on one count per amendment testimony, would be 18 years. He would also be disbarred and lose his law license.

And then there's that failure to report his loans from Wall Street, Goldman Sachs and CitiBank, crucial information for Texas voters to know before they vote. The the whole purpose of the disclosures is for the voters to know.

Then there's the citizenship thing, pretending with a Harvard law degree, he didn't know he was a Canadian Citizen.

MW
    MW, every time you "explain" this to me, you force me to point out to you, that the "poison pill" is perjury, a con, a deception, under oath in the US Senate. You can not stand or sit before a Congressional hearing and lie under oath, claiming you support a bill and will vote for it, when you have no intention of doing so and confess to such in a GOP Debate 3 years later in front of 18 million witnesses.

Jeff Sessions is a former prosecutor. I'm certain he's familiar with the laws of perjury. So like I said before, he needs to back up and walk away, because something is wrong here. Either he doesn't know what Ted Cruz said in those hearings, maybe he's never watched the videos, maybe he's just relying on the amendment and not the testimony made about it, maybe he's been buffooned into this mess by Tricky Ted, I don't know. Maybe he didn't watch the December 15th Debate. I don't know.

It's hard for me to believe that if Jeff actually knew what Ted Cruz testified to under oath numerous times on not one amendment but 6 Cruz amendments to the Gang of Eight Bill. This wasn't just one amendment, there were 5 other Cruz amendments. Cruz offered 6 amendments and testified ad naseum about them all while claiming he supports the Gang of Eight bill, he supports legalization, he supports letting illegal aliens just stay until after border security and then decide what to do with them, he supports 5 times more H1B visas every year from 65,000 to 300,000, double legal immigration by increasing green cards from 675,000 to 1,300,000, he supports bringing them in out of the shadows, he supports Legal Permanent Residence etc., etc. It's all on the tapes.

Why would Jeff Sessions support someone who testified under oath that they support these actions and submitted amendments requesting these actions that if sworn testimony isn't enough to prove the point, the amendment documents signed by Cruz certainly do.

We can't have a Congress that permits its own members to lie to Congress. Jeff Sessions would never support anyone who did that if he knew about it. At least I don't think he would.

At this point, there's enough evidence for Ted Cruz to be prosecuted for perjury and if convicted be sent to a Federal Pen for 3 years per count, which based on one count per amendment testimony, would be 18 years. He would also be disbarred and lose his law license.

And then there's that failure to report his loans from Wall Street, Goldman Sachs and CitiBank, crucial information for Texas voters to know before they vote. The the whole purpose of the disclosures is for the voters to know.

Then there's the citizenship thing, pretending with a Harvard law degree, he didn't know he was a Canadian Citizen.
    Wow, you're way out there tonight, Judy. Well, since I don't have the energy to respond to your outrageous claims and opinions right now, think I'll just go on to bed. Goodnight, Judy.
    Last edited by MW; 01-30-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Good night, MW. Sleep well.

You two are amazing. No endorsement from Sessions yet.

My guess is they're trying to figure out how this EX IM Bank deal might blow-up on 'em.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-30-2016 at 11:33 AM.

My guess is they're trying to figure out how this EX IM Bank deal might blow-up on 'em.
    What does EX IM stand for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast