Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senators Up For Reelection in 2010.

I made a list of the GOP Senators who voted Yea on cloture in the June 2007 Amnesty Bill, who are up for reelection in 2010. It's never too early to let them know we're thinking of them.

Bennet UT
    Gregg NH
    Martinez FL
    Specter PE

Lincoln D AR
    Red State, voted Yea and is up is 2010, and Pryor D AR voted Nay.

Salazar D CO
    Red State, voted Year and is up in 2010, GOP Senator CO voted Nay.

Specter will not run again and my mother lives in gettysburg pa.4 years ago ,my mother who is catholic said there was no illegal immigrant problem now partly thanks to her own church is full of them.She had offers to have them move into her apartments where the government paid all but 100$(YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK).She now thinks there needs to be something done,so PA is ripe for a enforement senator.

so no one who is up for election in 2008 votes yes for amnesty?
    no one in either party???
    Thought Lindsay Graham was up for election this year in South Carolina????

Banned
    Tancredo has talked about going after Salazars seat in Colorado

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    so no one who is up for election in 2008 votes yes for amnesty?
    no one in either party???
    Thought Lindsay Graham was up for election this year in South Carolina????
    I thought his seat was up very soon ?

Hagel, Craig, and Lindsey

GOP senators that voted Yea and are up in 2008 are:

Hagel NE
    Graham SC
    Craig ID

I thought Hagel was retiring and who knows what's up with Craig.

I don't think there were any Red State Democrats up in 2008 that voted Yea but someone could correct me.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... 5#position

Quote Originally Posted by DHolmes7
    Specter will not run again and my mother lives in gettysburg pa.4 years ago ,my mother who is catholic said there was no illegal immigrant problem now partly thanks to her own church is full of them.She had offers to have them move into her apartments where the government paid all but 100$(YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK).She now thinks there needs to be something done,so PA is ripe for a enforement senator.
    Specter said he will run for reelection in 2010. He didn't get my vote in 2004 and won't get it in 2010.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07079/770871-178.stm

He's a Washington elitist who doesn't believe he has to listen to his constituents.

On the Senate floor June 28, 2007:
    We know as a matter of practice that the callers and the e-mailers are characteristically naysayers. You hear a lot more from people who object than you do from people who are in favor. We know that the majority of America is the silent majority. From my own soundings, what I hear on the train when I come back and forth from Pennsylvania, what I hear in the restaurants, on the streets, and in the fitness club is to proceed, try to find a way to improve a very serious situation in immigration.

No one of us is able to speak for the American people. We hear different voices at different times. I know one thing with relative certainty, and that is you cannot tell what the American people think simply by those who object and those who call. We do not run America in a representative democracy, in a republic, by public opinion polls. If we did, we would take the public opinion poll and we could dispense with all of the fat salaries that Members of Congress get. We could dispense with paying 535 people and take a public opinion poll and sign it into law.

I think the most erudite statement on this particular issue was uttered by a distinguished British philosopher politician, named Edmund Burke, in a speech to the electorate of Bristol on November 3, 1774, when he made this famous statement:

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/record. ... son=300088

Why do you think we broke away from England's rule? Looks like that arrogant attitude exists in our Congress.
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>