Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Several killed in shooting at Munich shopping mall

Report: Several killed in shooting at Munich shopping mall

By Chris Williams and Jason Hanna, CNN
    Updated 1:41 PM ET, Fri July 22, 2016

(CNN)Gunfire rang out Friday evening at a shopping mall in the German city of Munich, leaving several people dead and others wounded, CNN affiliate NTV reported.

The shooting, which started at about 6 p.m. local time at the Olympia shopping mall, is over, police spokeswoman Claudia Kvenzel said. Kvenzel had no immediate information about casualties or what led to the shooting.

Follow

CNN
    @CNN

JUST IN: Twitter video shows people running from scene of shooting at German shopping center http://cnn.it/2ah90zz
    10:20 AM - 22 Jul 2016

Lynn Stein, who said she works at the Jack Wolfskin store in the mall, told CNN that the shooter was inside the mall.

"I heard several shots," Stein said. "(I) was just going to buy something while my co-worker was still in the shop.

"People started running. I went outside as well; more people (were) running outside. I think I heard more shots. Then it sounded like he went to the parking house next to the mall -- several shots there."

Stein said she then went back into the mall.

View image on Twitter

"I saw ... somebody lying on the floor, presumably dead, I don't know. Or badly hurt. And there's a woman over them, crying."

Eventually, she said, police "told everyone to clear off the area and go to the other side of the street."

CNN Map

Olympia shopping center

"And we just stayed there for a while until police told us to go further back and further back," she said.
    A string of recent terror attacks have put Europe on high alert.

Police respond to a shooting outside the Olympia shopping mall in Munich.

A truck plowed into a crowd of Bastille Day revelers in Nice, France, last week, killing more than 80 people.

This week, a teenager who said he was inspired by ISIS stabbed passengers on a German train before police shot him dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/europe...nich-shooting/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Live
    Munich shopping centre shooting: 'Three gunmen on the run' say police as multiple deaths reported across the city

• 00:24 POLICE ARRIVE AT THE SCENE OF SHOOTING IN MUNICH
    • 00:32 PEOPLE RUN FROM SCENE OF SHOOTING IN MUNICH
    • 01:58 DOUBLE HAND TRANSPLANT RECIPIENT FEELS "WHOLE" AGAIN

22 JULY 2016 • 7:22PM

M
    unich police are hunting for three gunmen who they believe have carried out attacks at three locations in the city.

On Twitter, the local forces said shootings had taken place at Hanauer Straße, then the Riesstraße, and also at the Olympia shopping center.

Lynn Stein, who works inside the Olympia centre, told CNN a woman told her "masked gunmen dressed in black" had been seen running through the centre.

The interior ministry confirming at least three killed.

Germany's Muencher Abendzeitung reported that the death toll was higher, with up to 15 people killed in the incident at the Olympia Einkaufszentrum shopping centre.

Police told another paper, the Sueddeutsche Zeitung, that there were multiple deaths.

"There is a major police operation under way in the shopping centre," Munich police said on Twitter, without elaborating.

An employee inside the shopping centre told the Reuters news agency "many shots were fired".

Video shows people fleeing from the scene, which has now been cordoned off, according to reports.

Live footage from shows multiple emergency services at the scene.

Germany has been on high alert after a teenage asylum seeker attacked people with an axe on a train on Monday, injuring five.

Auto update
    On
    7:21pm"Masked gunmen in black"

Lynn Stein, who worked in a shop inside the centre, tells CNN that a woman told her she'd seen masked gunmen, in black, running through the shopping centre.

7:19pm Unconfirmed footage appears to show shooter open fire in Munich

7:18pm Lynn Stein was inside the shopping centre at the time

Lynn Stein, who works in a shop inside the centre, told CNN:
    I was in a neighbouring store when shots were fired.
    People started running. More shots were fired.
    People were screaming.
    Then I heard several shots at the parking house next to the mall. I went back inside the wall, to check on my co-workers.
    When I went there there was a couple of people coming in towards me, and I told them to leave as I continued towards my store.
    A man told me he saw a gunman.
    I ran outside, and police told me to leave. Which I did.
    This was about 15 minutes after it happened, and I was evacuated.

7:15pm British witness Victor Wood, who lives in Munich, speaks to BBC

I was leaving the shopping centre from the side entrance and as we were about to go into the U-bahn, we heard shooting.
    We couldn’t see where it was coming from - there was a building in between us.
    When I got out of the U-bahn a couple of minutes later we saw all the police cars and realised what had happened.
    The shopping centre is like a L-shape. It was quite busy - there were a lot of people in there.
    We didn’t hear screaming but we were leaving from the side exit so it was hard to see what was going on. But local media reports someone coming out of the McDonalds and shooting a hand gun.
    It took about four or five minutes for police to arrive I would say. We managed to get on one of the last trains before they closed the transport system.
    Before I came out to Germany, I had been in the air force, so I am used to the sound of gunshots, and it was definitely shooting – you don’t hear that kind of sound in the city.
    No one expects something like this to happen in their front garden.
    I think Munich is well equipped to handle it though. Police presence is fairly low key, police officers have weapons but you don’t see people walking around with machine guns, for example.”

7:12pm Three gunmen being hunted

Munich police are searching for three gunmen, they said on Twitter.

7:06pm Second location under attack?

Munich police believe that a second site, in the centre of town, may have been attacked.
    All very unclear at the moment.

7:04pm Munich residents open their homes to terrified locals

More from Zia Weise:
    Munich residents are using the hashtag #offenetür (“open door”) to offer shelter.
    There are reports (unconfirmed) on Twitter that taxi drivers are getting messages from police to avoid the city centre and not to pick up any passengers.

7:03pmGerman police trying to get the situation under control

German police rush to the scene CREDIT: EPA

7:00pmSituation chaotic in Munich

Our correspondent Zia Weise, who was born in Munich, has translated the German police twitter feed for us.
    It gives a sense of how confused the situation remains.
    We do not know where the shooter is. Take care and avoid going outside.” - 10 mins ago
    We are aware of shooting rumours in city centre. Situation is unclear. Please stay inside.” - 17 mins ago (But reporters there say nothing’s happening)
    Please do not put images or videos of police operations online. Do not support the perpetrators!” - 20 mins ago
    Avoid public places in Munich. The situation is unclear.” - 40 mins ago

6:57pmMunich police do not know where the gunmen are

Police have just said that they do not know where the perpetrators - plural - are.

6:56pmPolice request that no photos or videos be posted online

Police in the city of Munich are asking for locals not to post photos or video online.
    Bitte keine Fotos/Filme von polizeilichen Maßnahmen online stellen. Unterstützt nicht die Täter! #oez #Schießerei #münchen
    — Polizei München (@PolizeiMuenchen) July 22, 2016

6:53pmInterior ministry confirms three dead

Bild, the German tabloid, quotes the German interior ministry as saying three people have been killed.

6:43pmImages from the scene

Police outside the shopping centre in MunichCREDIT: TWITTER

Police in Munich CREDIT: AP

6:37pmMunich residents told to stay indoors

Our correspondent, Zia Weise, reports:
    Süddeutsche Zeitung is reporting an unspecified number of deaths. Police has confirmed injuries, but no deaths.
    Police have told people to remain inside as the situation is still not resolved. Rumours of a second attacker in the city centre are untrue, reporters in Munich say.
    The shopping centre (Olympia Einkaufszentrum) is a complex built in the 70s, close to the Olympic sports complex in Western Munich.

6:32pm"A shooting rampage"

From Reuters:
    MUNICH POLICE SPOKESWOMAN SAYS "WE BELIEVE WE ARE DEALING WITH A SHOOTING RAMPAGE"

6:25pm'More than one gunman involved'

Police in Munich apparently believe that more than one gunman is involved in the shopping center attack.

6:21pmTransport services halted

Transport authorities have halted services on multiple train, tram and bus lines.

6:18pmPictures emerge of the scene

Pictures have emerged of the massive police operation outside the shopping centre.
    CREDIT: AP

Police outside the shopping centre in MunichCREDIT: TWITTER

6:14pmWitness: "many shots"

Employees are still hiding out in the shopping centre, with one telling Reuters by phone that "many shots were fired" during the shooting.

6:13pm"Multiple deaths": police

Police told the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper that there were multiple deaths in the shooting at the Olympia Einkaufszentrum shopping centre.

6:06pmShooting over: police spokesperson

Police spokeswoman Claudia Kvenzel has told CNN that the shooting is now over.

5:59pmReports of deaths

There have been reports of at least one death, though details are hazy.
    A police source has told the AFP news agency that one person has died and ten people have been injured in the attack, while local media is saying as many as 15 people may have died.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...opping-centre/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

BREAKING NEWS:
    At least 8 people killed in Munich mall attack

Message body

Munich police say that at least eight people have been killed in a suspected terror attack at a popular shopping center. An unknown number of people are injured and police say they are searching for three suspects.

Complete coverage now on Fox News Channel and FoxNews.com.http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/22/terror-attack-is-suspected-at-least-8-killed-in-shooting-spree-at-munich-shopping-center.html

NO AMNESTY

Mass Shooting In Munich
    NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY