Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff Joe Arpaio New Secret Weapon

Ok...I talked to a deputy of sheriff arpaio I know and asked him last week how this new law changes how the Maricopa Sheriff will handle illegal aliens. His answer was very suprising and had given an element to this I hadn't heard about or even thought about but it made sense once I heard it.

Here is the Sheriff position on the new Arizona law. Prior to the law if his deputies came across a suspected illegal alien and they had nothing on them other then a minor traffic infraction but they suspected the person was in the country illegally they would contact ICE. Sometimes ICE would take them sometimes not.

Now here's the twist to the new law that changes the game plan for the Sheriff and puts a smile on his face.

The new Arizona law makes it a criminal offense to be in Arizona illegally if you are in the country illegally. It is a misdemeanor STATE crime. An arrestable offense.

So now under the new law he does not have to turn them over to ICE but instead can arrest and transport them to his jail to be brought before a local judge. Upon being found guilty the illegal alien will be sentenced to less then 30-days in jail and the Sheriff brings that person to his nice comfortable tent city jail to serve their sentence. The Sheriff still does not have to call ICE and turn them over to them because they are serving a sentence for a state crime.

Once the sentence is up if ICE wants them at that point he can turn them over to them. If ICE doesn't want them then he releases then and can re-arrest them again for the same charge if they are found to be in the state illegally. The illegal alien can be arrested many times over until they get so tired of being arrested, convicted, serving jail time, fines, that they will self-deport themselves out of the state of Arizona.

So what this new law does for the Sheriff, all of the Sheriffs and Police Chiefs, is allow them to now arrest them for a criminal state trespassing offense and not have to bother calling ICE. When they are booked at the jail the detention officers are still certified to verify immigration status via their 287-G certs so they have computer access.

If the law was to somehow be placed on legal hold it doesn't change Sheriff Arpaio ability to continue doing the immigration sweeps and tuning over to ICE any suspected illegal aliens.

Bottom line, the new law allows him to arrest illegal aliens where before the law, only when they still had 287-G with their deputies, were they allowed to arrest illegal aliens. The new law does not require him to turn them over to ICE right away.

I found this to be very interesting perspective from the deputy I spoke with last week.
    "Where is our democracy if the federal government can break the laws written and enacted by our congress on behalf of the people?"

GR
    America needs more Sheriff Joe Opaios!

Illegal aliens arrested inside America for the first time - that's a misdemeanor.

Second arrest - that's a FELONY.

FELONS can NEVER be American citizens.

Which is why they have to have amnesty to succeed with their dual citizenship, so they can be supported by America's tax dollars and still be true to their birth homeland of Mexico, who most of them will fight to the death for Mexico.