Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Shocked !!! Tom Delay in our corner??

Just watching Delay with Wolf Blitzer on CNN. He says this bill is absolutely amnesty... anytime you give people who have broken the law a clear path to be legal.... it is amnesty.

He went on further to say this is not how you get a bill passed. You cant cut back room deals and try to keep the people and the House in the dark. It has to go through committees in the Senate with compromise and then through committees in the House with compromise. He made it clear what's happening now is railroading a bill that he doesn't think has a chance of passing because of the underhanded approach.

I was very surprised as I thought he would be a George Bush puppet.

I don't think he ever was. I think he speaks his mind just like Newt.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Tom Delay was one of the very first Republicans to write about how terrible this amnesty was!!!

If Tom DeLay was still the Majority Leader, this Bill would NEVER pass! Olivermyboy is absolutely correct...he was one of the first to oppose amnesty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    If Tom DeLay was still the Majority Leader, this Bill would NEVER pass! Olivermyboy is absolutely correct...he was one of the first to oppose amnesty!!!
    If he was still Majority Leader, none of this backroom drafting of bills would be going on!
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by portaltotx
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    If he was still Majority Leader, none of this backroom drafting of bills would be going on!
    This is why the Dems wanted him out. He was powerful.

Now Pelosi wants to place a luxury tax on our retirements. I guess that will pay for the illegals social security.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What does she care? With her money she won't have to worry about retirement. She could live on what she is going to get out of retiring from the House even without the family money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way Social Security is going now, retirement will be anything but luxury. Pelosi does not know what's best for us. Why is it we just can't get qualified people into office?

Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl369
    What does she care? With her money she won't have to worry about retirement. She could live on what she is going to get out of retiring from the House even without the family money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forget the money from the House, she has HUGE holdings in the CA wine industry. She is a multi-millionaire. That's why I say boycott CA wines that will hurt her and her reputation.