Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SHOULD ANCHOR BABIES GET AUTOMATIC CITIZENSHIP?

1. By Jack Ward
    February 4, 2006
    NewsWithViews.com
    Whenever immigration is discussed, advocates of immigration (legal and illegal) make the claim that immigrants actually aid the US economy. While that claim can be debated, nobody can claim that "anchor babies" provide a boost to the US economy. Anchor babies are babies of immigrants that are born in the US. Based on a misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution, these babies are granted immediate US citizenship.
    Some parents come legally as temporary visitors but others enter illegally. In either case anchor babies are granted immediate US citizenship. Immigration officials seldom initiate deportation proceedings against illegal aliens with anchor babies, so they simply remain here illegally. After all what heartless bureaucrat would deport illegal immigrant parents and separate them from their newborn?
    Since anchor babies are considered citizens they instantly qualify for public welfare which means they gain access to free medical care, schools, housing, food stamps, and all the other benefits of our welfare state. While the anchor babies do not provide immediate citizenship to the alien family, they do provide an anchor for that family - hence the name anchor baby.
    Granting automatic birthright citizenship is a huge magnet that attracts immigrants from all over the world. It is estimated that roughly 10 percent of births in the United States are babies born to immigrants. The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act of 1985 requires that hospitals and doctors treat the uninsured mother and baby without reimbursement. That means the taxpayers pick up the tab. California is even more generous. So it's no surprise that 60% of babies born in LA community hospitals are born to illegal immigrants. How did all this nonsense get started?
    In post Civil War America, politicians wanted to amend the Constitution to address injustices to the black slaves. The 14th Amendment was intended to provide citizenship to those that had endured slavery. The Amendment states in part, "all persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States..." Unfortunately too many self serving politicians and advocates for illegal immigrants ignore an important phrase in the Amendment. That phrase is "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."
    To understand the correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment we need to understand what the co-author of the amendment wrote about the Amendment. In 1866, Senator Jacob Howard wrote, "This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors, or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons." Senator Howard wrote the addition phrase specifically because he wanted to make it clear that the simple accident of birth in the US is not sufficient to justify citizenship.
    The US Supreme Court recognized this when they ruled in 1873 that the phrase (and subject to the jurisdiction thereof) excluded "children of ministers, consuls, and citizens of foreign states born within the United States." Since the court recognized that the children of foreign citizens and diplomats should not be granted US citizenship, why should anyone think that the children of those that enter the US illegally are subject to the jurisdiction of the US government? The simple answer is no thinking person would. The anchor baby parents are neither US citizens, subject to US jurisdiction, nor do they owe any allegiance to the US. Federal immigration laws require aliens to renounce all allegiance to any foreign government and to support the US Constitution to become citizens. The parents of anchor babies never fulfilled this obligation and were never "subject to the jurisdiction" of the US. Both the author of the 14th Amendment and the US Supreme Court recognized that an alien mother and her baby are subject to the jurisdiction of their native country - not the US. The 14th Amendment wasn't created to provide an end run for aliens to defy US immigration laws. But politicians have subverted the Constitution and allowed citizenship to any child born in the US. This misinterpretation is not accidental - it is intentional. An error of this magnitude could not be accidental.

Several members of Congress have recognized that the 14th Amendment has been misapplied and was never intended to grant citizenship automatically to anchor babies. But when the issue is addressed, advocates for illegal immigrants will claim that they are racists and want to punish the children. The anchor babies have become the justification for the entire extended alien family to stay in the US. This insanity will continue until the Congress has the intestinal fortitude to clarify the ignored phrase and deny citizenship to those that are not subject to the jurisdiction of the laws of the US.© 2006 Jack Ward - All Rights Reserved

Absolutely not!!!! Just the question angers me.

Welcome Gonendunit!

Glad you found us!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome to ALIPAC Gonendunit!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: SHOULD ANCHOR BABIES GET AUTOMATIC CITIZENSHIP?

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    But when the issue is addressed, advocates for illegal immigrants will claim that they are racists and want to punish the children.
    If this is the case, why don't these "illegal alien advocates" demand US Citizenship for every child born in the world? By their logic, not doing so is racist and "punishes children".

I don't see any difference between children born outside the US and those born in the US to illegal aliens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This interpretation of the 14th amendment is exactly why the U.S. as we know it will cease to exist in a few decades. Unless this anchor baby citizenship misinterpretation is removed we will be inundated by illegal alien born litters of babies being conceived and born solely for the purpose of establishing the illegal alien parents presence in the country. And the illegals take full advantage of this absurdity. They know that just by being on U.S. soil when they give birth, we will give them all kinds of free benefits. It is like a jackpot for them. Talk about incentive, for illegals this is better than winning the lottery.

In Mexico they even give out vacation and family visitation visas to families for the purpose of having babies here. In San Diego County, some hospitals are swamped with women in labor who come across the border and immediately take a taxi cab directly to the nearest hospital, knowing by law they cannot be turned away, even of they can't pay their bill. There are even Mexican Consulate employees who visit these hospitals to make sure every single Mexican mother and baby are immediately signed up to every free taxpayer funded program, from welfare to MediCal, MediCare/MediCaid, WIC, CA Healthy Babies program, you name it and they get it.

Then they just ignore the return part of their visa and ensconce themselves into the area and they're set for life. The husband gets a fake ID or a fake SS Card to get a job and they've got it made. And then they just keep cranking out baby after baby. Why not, they never have to pay a dime and the more they crank out, the more they get paid. Some families even register multiple times under different names, so they have multiple accounts to double or triple their take from the taxpayers.

One time at the grocery store, I saw a Mexican couple with a couple of little kids and baby, and the husband was showing the wife these two checks. Looking over his shoulder in the checkout line I saw these two state of CA checks with the same first name and different last names. One was for $1,600 and the other was for $1350. And they were both giggling and laughing. Then as the cashier rung up the total for their $350 worth of baby formula, diapers and tortillas, the woman whips out an EBT card, Electronic Benefit Transfer, meaning welfare. Then in the parking lot, I see them loading their stuff into a brand new Chevy Silverado pickup with Mexico license plates, with a Mexican flag decal on the back window. Ain't America wonderful?

Even if we were able to secure the border so that not a single new illegal alien were allowed to enter, the masses of anchor babies being cranked out by the illegals already here will outnumber births to legal Americans within a few years. It is already happening in states like CA. I hate to say it, but America will become a colony of Mexico within a decade or two, unless we end this anchor baby birthright citizenship insanity.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Banned

NO!

The parents don’t have enough money to take care of them selves let alone a another child. (in most cases children)

I know the story was not asking for a vote… but let me share something with you guys.,

I have 6 (six) babies(children) and I pay for the school, the health and food, their field trips, clothing, the roof over their heads, and if we have any extra, their fun.
    Since I’m self employed heath Insurance is over the roof, my youngest is only 4 my wife cant go back work yet. Even if she did try she have to be home cause one got sick and with one child being Handy capable that’s out of the question any way .
    If we run short for the year, and I don’t have enough to pay for the medical insurance the state doesn’t give me a free ride (they say we made to much last year) .
    I have robbed from Peter to pay Paul ,I barrowed money enough that the national debt would blush …
    It really “BEEEPsâ€

As a former volunteer EMT, I find that the issue was getting out of control. Responding to a call for a "pregancy labor" (otherwise known as an OB call), often times I was handed papers from Mexico, then as soon as we get to the patient, everyone abandoned the area (the 3 or 4 families that lived there), and we were left with no language to communicate with, or information other than the papers in spanish that we had to carry to the hospital. Probably based upon the ethinic graphic or the area settled, every call was a Mexican Citizen that we ran. Families would send their pregnant 18 year old to the states to have the birth, it looked very organized, and very deliberate. If I had to tell my congressman today about this, I would show him/her the blatant misuse of our system and tell them to enact legislation to stop this situation from producing another U.S. citizen. Nuff said!!!

End birthright citizenship to ALL but people here legally and that should
    even be reviewed! Stamp out chain migration!!!!!

Anchor babies/jack pot babies must be stopped. We cannot afford it, not
    to mention the dilution of our culture.

NO JOBS, NO SERVICES, NO PROBLEM!
    Sorry, didnt mean to scream but it upsets me so!!!!!!!!!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    Anchor babies/jack pot babies must be stopped. We cannot afford it, not to mention the dilution of our culture.
    Absolutely! This topic has had me simmering for years. Has anyone in Congress proposed a bill or amendment to stop the baby invasion/takeover? How can we get someone to do so?

Duh
    Duh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast