Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should Trump Run?

Theres been a website put up by independants for gaining support for asking Donald Trump to run in 2012 for President.

The website is

http://shouldtrumprun.com/

Now I'm throwing my support in for now as he takes a hardline approach for American jobs and against illegal aliens. Much better choice imo then any of the current GOP favorites who really have no interest in cracking down on illegal aliens.

Maybe if we can gather enough support for him he'll feel more pressured to run giving us a worthwhile candidate with a chance.

I have heard on television Trump saying about running and also dislikes Obama and Obama's direction.

But I am not sure how he would handle foreign affairs although he is a business man. I do think he would bring jobs back,for he has talked about that.

We shall see in the coming months
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I think Trump may run but doubt he could win, America needs a very strong conservative president for next 8 years on the order of Ron Paul but in todays world of American Idol he can't win. One thing in my mind is certain America cannot withstand another 4 years of the current administration. It really boils down to who can run and win certainly another RINO will not help matters.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

He opposes illegal immigration and has no interest in supporting them. He wants Americans first for American jobs (among other comments suggests he likely supports lower immigration numbers). He wants the border secured and illegals to have to leave and get in the back of the line.

He also wants to bring jobs back to the US including he's said he supports a strong tarriff on goods comming in from China and such.

He's been sounding fairly common sense to me so far.

One thing that bothers me about Trump is his seemingly willingness to place making a buck over the better interests of this country. On one hand, he fully attacks China regarding their nefarious motives against the United States (which he's 100% correct of course) but then on the other, freely engaged in business practices with these people knowing their intent was less than honorable.

In other words, when did Trump decide to come out against china; before or after he considered running for POTUS?

If he was truly concerned with our country, why would he do business with these people? On the other hand, he’s been the only one who has come out and publically criticized china and their increasingly hostile and parasitic tendencies towards our country. While china continues to grow at unprecedented levels because of unrestricted, non-free trade (what’s the current trade deficit with china?) with our country, we continue to lose jobs and decline economically.

Someone needs to do something…..
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IMO the present whole field of potential Republican Candidates is dismal & are either retreads/RINO's .

Trump has some great ideas to help America get back on its feet and would send the IA's packing. I am not a big fan of the Donald but I believe he is a true Patriot .

I hope Trump does run since he is the only one I could vote for and I think he would have a shot at beating Obama.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Trump is the only non rino that has a good chance of winning...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I watched Mr. Trump a few weeks back doing an interview on CNN. He is a smart savvy businessman; he has his own money so we don't have to worry about him being in anybody elses' pockets or the payroll of the corporate crooks; pro Made in America, he detests illegal immigration, he wants to take a tough stance against Mexico and the rest of the planet draining our tax dollars and other resources; he wants FAIR trade and he wants to return America back to Americans.

I have already contacted his website and will volunteer my time and money to help him defeat Obama in the 2012 election.

RUN DONALD RUN!!!!!!!
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    One thing that bothers me about Trump is his seemingly willingness to place making a buck over the better interests of this country. On one hand, he fully attacks China regarding their nefarious motives against the United States (which he's 100% correct of course) but then on the other, freely engaged in business practices with these people knowing their intent was less than honorable.

In other words, when did Trump decide to come out against china; before or after he considered running for POTUS?

If he was truly concerned with our country, why would he do business with these people? On the other hand, he’s been the only one who has come out and publically criticized china and their increasingly hostile and parasitic tendencies towards our country. While china continues to grow at unprecedented levels because of unrestricted, non-free trade (what’s the current trade deficit with china?) with our country, we continue to lose jobs and decline economically.

Someone needs to do something…..
    Its easy to condemn someone for buying goods in China. But in reality in todays world in the US there simply is NO other option for business's if they want to compete or even survive. At least not until the government steps in and changes the rules. Trump may be rich and in his right have quite a bit of power and influence but his power and influence isn't enough to have goods made in the US as competitive prices.

Now Trumps business is building buildings. Where does the US get the vast majority of its steel? What about drywall? What about pipes and so forth needed? The vast majority is NO longer made in the US. There is NO other option. How many TVs, Cell Phones, laptops, and so forth are made in the US? Hell, 70% of US Flags are made in Asia or India!.

Now assuming there even was in a few areas the ability to buy American in his market, when those goods make you need to bid 10% more on a project then the other competition.... you don't get the contract. Its the same thing for us average Americans. We see 2 goods and because our wallet is tight we go with the cheaper one before the one that is made in the US. Seriously do you shop by where its made and refuse to buy anytthing made in China or 3rd world countries? Or do you look at the price difference seeing 2 equal looking products and one costs 10-20% less, if course we buy the cheaper product the majority of the time.

Being a good businessman does not necessarily translate into being a good president. I'm not even sure he's such a great businessman - hasn't he filed for bankruptcy around four times? The man is a huge risk taker, and that's fine, assuming the money he is risking is his own. Knowing what I know about Donald Trump, which admittingly isn't much, I would not vote for him as President of the United States at this time. Thank you, but no thank you, I'll waite for something better to come along.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast