Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes!!! This issue is now in the hands of the Supreme Court!!!

JRB

Re: Should voters need to prove they're American citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Should voters need to prove they're American citizens?

Yes or no?

If the answer is yes, how can this be done without some form of identification?
    YES
    When we register to vote we should be given a Voter ID card that is required to vote. These cards could have Magnetic Strips in them that could be read by a machine to prove they are legitimate. I know this would mean one more step but it would be well worth it to weed out the Illegal Voters. I also believe its time to get rid of the Electoral College and go to a popular vote system. JMO

YES
    When we register to vote we should be given a Voter ID card that is required to vote. These cards could have Magnetic Strips in them that could be read by a machine to prove they are legitimate. I know this would mean one more step but it would be well worth it to weed out the Illegal Voters. I also believe its time to get rid of the Electoral College and go to a popular vote system. JMO
    Absolutely! the Electoral College undermines a true democracy in which the majority decides who will lead the country. In addition, the so called super delegate is an absolute joke and reeks of elitism and undermines a true democracy in which the people determine political power.

We do not live in a true democracy unless each vote cast actually means something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    YES
    Absolutely! the Electoral College undermines a true democracy in which the majority decides who will lead the country. In addition, the so called super delegate is an absolute joke and reeks of elitism and undermines a true democracy in which the people determine political power.

We do not live in a true democracy unless each vote cast actually means something.

Amen
    **Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "man, what a rid

OF COURSE! AND...

Americans should be prepared to show a legitimate ID, not a "utility bill" or some other nonsense crap.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In the 80's we were issued voter ID cards, what happened to change that?

If no ID is required, what's to stop people from voting multiple times?

Illegal aliens vote now, they've already broken so many of our laws, what do they care about another broken law?

YES! Require Voter ID!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

What do the Ron Paul supporters think on this issue?

I notice they are not responding to this question.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Absolutely!!! And that should be the rule for state, county, and municipal elections too!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

The Electoral College was established by our founding fathers for a reason and that was to assure that each state had equal representation. Without the Electoral College, only the most populous states would be ruling the nation. The votes of smaller, less populous states would not count. Our nation would then be ruled by California and New York. The wisdom of our founding fathers has prevailed over all these years and should continue to do so.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

I hate to admit it, but mexico makes sure it's elections are not tainted, at least as far as who gets to vote. I propose we adopt their system in which everyone is issued a Federal Identification Voting Card. It looks like a drivers license. This Fed ID Card is matched against a voter id booklet that contains the picture and information of every resident in that district that is registered to vote.

If your Fed ID Card information does not match what's in the district booklet, you do not vote! Period! If you move to another district, it's up to you to inform the registar's office in that district so your information can be updated.

How is it that a third world county can get it right and we the greatest country on the planet have no clue in protecting the integrety of our political process. It would be too easy to implement so the only conclusion is that our elected officials have no interest in protecting the integrety of the political process.

I guess every vote does count, even if it's cast by someone who has no legal right to participate in our political process.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast