Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Sinking Of The President

Dissonance
    The Sinking of the President
    Bush and the Democrats need to catch up on their reading
    by MARC COOPER

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/42/dissonance-cooper.php
    Art by Karen Fiorito

I know George W. Bush doesn’t like to read very much. And now that he has announced that he will be heading up his own administration’s probe into its handling of Catastrophe Katrina, I know his time must be very tight.

Still, he might want to take an evening off and read up on the history of the killer Mexico City earthquake of September 19, 1985. The Mexican government’s outrageous bungling of that disaster was such that a full 20 years later no one knows if the death toll was 4,000, 8,000, or, as some suspect, nearly 20,000.

What we do know is that the Mexico City quake set into motion a political process that eventually led to the country’s dominant political party â€â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexican candidate obrador (mayor of mexico city)

Based on what I hear, the popular candidate and mayor of mexico city, obrador, is not a champion and/or crusader for immigrant rights.could be good for us in a sense that he may actually concentrate on affairs in his own country instead of ours. I hear he is an activist for the indigenous groups who have not run away from Mexico. If I recall correctly, Vicente Fox actually had him arrested because he refused Fox's orders to stop the building of a road to a hospital from an indigenous area. From what I have read of the guy to, his education credentials are much more believable than that of Fox. What do you guys think?