Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By lorrie
  • 2 Post By Judy
  • 3 Post By johnwk
  • 1 Post By Judy

Thread: Six members of Trump's HIV/AIDS advisory council resign because he 'does not care

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Senior Member European Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,749

    Six members of Trump's HIV/AIDS advisory council resign because he 'does not care

    Six members of Trump's HIV/AIDS advisory council resign because he 'does not care'

    by Mandy Mayfield | Jun 17, 2017, 8:13 PM


    The Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS has lost six members due to what they say is an administration that seeks to reverse positive health policies to fight HIV/AIDS and a president "who simply does not care."

    "As advocates for people living with HIV, we have dedicated our lives to combating this disease and no longer feel we can do so effectively within the confines of an advisory body to a president who simply does not care," Scott Schoettes, a member who resigned wrote in an op-ed for Newsweek.

    Schoettes explained that the decision to resign from PACHA was not one he nor any of his colleagues took lightly. However, he stressed that they could not stand by and watch President Trump regress health policies that enable people living with HIV/AIDS the "life-saving medications" they need.

    PACHA was created in 1995 and is a group of individuals who provide advice and recommendations to the secretary of health and human services regarding programs, policies and research for preventing and one day curing HIV.

    According to Schoettes, members are appointed by the president and currently include "public health officials, researchers, health care providers, faith leaders, HIV advocates, and people living with HIV."


    Six members of Trump's HIV/AIDS advisory council resign because he 'does not care'
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  2. #2
    Senior Member lorrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by European Knight View Post

    Schoettes explained that the decision to resign from PACHA was not one he nor any of his colleagues took lightly. However, he stressed that they could not stand by and watch President Trump regress health policies that enable people living with HIV/AIDS the "life-saving medications" they need.

    PACHA was created in 1995 and is a group of individuals who provide advice and recommendations to the secretary of health and human services regarding programs, policies and research for preventing and one day curing HIV.

    According to Schoettes, members are appointed by the president and currently include "public health officials, researchers, health care providers, faith leaders, HIV advocates, and people living with HIV."


    Six members of Trump's HIV/AIDS advisory council resign because he 'does not care'


    PACHA is just another Demo-ass liberal pork-belly taxpayer funded government useless agency.
    Judy, Beezer and johnwk like this.


    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  3. #3
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    41,003
    Yes, please shut it down. The issues that it may have been formed at one time to deal with are no longer issues.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-19-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Beezer and lorrie like this.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  4. #4
    Senior Member johnwk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yes, please shut it down. The issues that it may have been formed at one time to deal are no longer issues.
    It was originally formed as a money laundering operation think-tank to figure out ways to plunder our national treasury in the name of HIV/AIDS.


    JWK




    80% of green energy money taxed away from hard working American Citizens WENT TO our Washington Establishment’s donors!

    Last edited by johnwk; 06-19-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    Judy, Beezer and lorrie like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    41,003
    Yes, Johnwk, I expect you're absolutely right about that. I have tremendous sympathy for the people who get HIV/AIDS, a horrible disease, and one I think man concocted somehow with experiments run awry, so I totally supported government assistance to help these people and seek treatments and cures. There is no cure yet, only very expensive treatments. More needs to be done, but i don't think these Commissions are effective ways to do it. Science needs to solve it, because I believe science created it.
    lorrie likes this.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  6. #6
    Senior Member johnwk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yes, Johnwk, I expect you're absolutely right about that. I have tremendous sympathy for the people who get HIV/AIDS, a horrible disease, and one I think man concocted somehow with experiments run awry, so I totally supported government assistance to help these people and seek treatments and cures. There is no cure yet, only very expensive treatments. More needs to be done, but i don't think these Commissions are effective ways to do it. Science needs to solve it, because I believe science created it.
    We agree to the extent that science needs to solve the problem. However, once government is allowed to finance advancements in science, the door is opened to countless schemes and corruption which our wise founders were well aware of and why they refused to allow Congress to finance such endeavors.

    "The framers of the Constitution guarded so much against a possibility of such partial preferences as might be given, if Congress had the right to grant them, that, even to encourage learning and useful arts, the granting of patents is the extent of their power. And surely nothing could be less dangerous to the sovereignty or interest of the individual States than the encouragement which might be given to ingenious inventors or promoters of valuable inventions in the arts and sciences. The encouragement which the General Government might give to the fine arts, to commerce, to manufactures, and agriculture, might, if judiciously applied, redound to the honor of Congress, and the splendor, magnificence, and real advantage of the United States; but the wise framers of our Constitution saw that, if Congress had the power of exerting what has been called a royal munificence for these purposes, Congress might, like many royal benefactors, misplace their munificence; might elevate sycophants, and be inattentive to men unfriendly to the views of Government; might reward the ingenuity of the citizens of one State, and neglect a much greater genius of another. A citizen of a powerful State it might be said, was attended to, whilst that of one of less weight in the Federal scale was totally neglected. It is not sufficient, to remove these objections, to say, as some gentlemen have said, that Congress in incapable of partiality or absurdities, and that they are as far from committing them as my colleagues or myself. I tell them the Constitution was formed on a supposition of human frailty, and to restrain abuses of mistaken powers.” Annals of Congress Feb 7th,1792 Representative Page


    JWK





    There was a time not too long ago in New York when the able-bodied were ashamed to accept home relief, a program created by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1931 when he was Governor. Now, New York City is infested with able bodied ticks and fleas who not only demand welfare, but use it to buy beer, wine, drugs, sex, and Lotto tickets.

    Last edited by johnwk; 06-19-2017 at 11:37 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    41,003
    I agree. While I support safety nets, there should be quick ends to them. I support some government science for projects too big or too inappropriate for the entrepreneur or corporation, but where we're at now is very far afield from where those limits should be. Trump and his team are working hard to try to correct some of this, only to be met with the Democrat Resistance. I believe Trump and his team will prevail, it's just very sad times in our country to see how many people still don't get it, still don't understand, that to fix our country we have to reverse the policies that broke it to begin with.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2016, 12:01 AM
  2. FEMA Seeks Applicants for National Advisory Council
    By JohnDoe2 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
  3. FEMA Seeks Applicants For National Advisory Council
    By JohnDoe2 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 09:44 PM
  4. New Homeland Security Advisory Council Members
    By JohnDoe2 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 12:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •