Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Slammed by Latino Groups!

Lady Gaga Slammed by Latino Groups Over Upcoming Portrayal of Mary Magdalene, Catholicism

By Adrian Carrasquillo

Published April 15, 2011

Mar 28: Lady Gaga performs onstage at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Lady Gaga and controversy? Say it ain't so.

This time, the convention-flouting pop diva has drawn the ire of three Arizona Latino groups for her upcoming video, "Judas," in which Gaga portrays Mary Magdalene, saying that it is an affront to Catholicism.

The groups are "Chicanos Unidos Arizona," "Take Back Aztlán" and "Nuestros Reconquistos."

“Why can’t Lady Gaga pretend to be Muhammad?" said Cecilia Maldonado of Chicanos Unidos Arizona, according to Examiner.com. "Now, that would be very brave!

"It’s so easy to knock Catholicism and Christianity these days, especially if you have absolutely no musical talent whatsoever," Maldonado said. "Lady Gaga is Lady Caca.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"And everyone knows, "you're not to do or say anything that might upset Latino's!" Give me a fricken break! Ya know for being "The Race!" they sure whine a lot!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The whining of those groups is pretty pointless. I'm sure someone like Lady Gaga has fans of different races. All Lady Gaga was raised Catholic and even attended Catholic school. Plently of former Catholic schools kids leave the religion and sometimes end up bashing it in their work. Screenwriter Diablo Cody in her movie Jennifer's Body interpreted and bashed religion quite a bit. So if these Latino groups are going to slam Lady Gaga, they should be slamming others in the entertainment industry who do similar things.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Wasnt GagMe against SB1070?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

there are few if anytimes i agree with the illegals ... but this is one of them ..

so why don't they just cry me a river...........poor slavelaborers
    They ought to go back to their own country where they are treated with more respect and given better oppotunities!!!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Banned
    Oh my isn"t she "edgy". She is just copying what that other skank Madonna did in the 80s with her Catholic bashing song, that I cant remember the name of. Two pigs in a poke is all they are.

Banned
    Well at least those of us on the Alipac general forum don't have to put up with the gaga caca

We have great music here

I am not a Roman Catholic and I'm not in support of la raza but I must say this is a low-class act that offends every kind of Christian. Mary Magdalene was one of Jesus' disciples and I believe the ex-prostitute who poured the perfumed oil over Him just before His trial and execution. She doesn't deserve to be disrespected. Those who support this need to get a life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    I am not a Roman Catholic and I'm not in support of la raza but I must say this is a low-class act that offends every kind of Christian. Mary Magdalene was one of Jesus' disciples and I believe the ex-prostitute who poured the perfumed oil over Him just before His trial and execution. She doesn't deserve to be disrespected. Those who support this need to get a life.
    Get real

Gaga, Marilin Manson , Madonna and many others , even in the 70s , Bowie

They base their acts on shock and awe , Its successful shtick , its what they do , the more outrageous the better.

No , I don't condone any of it but I do respect their right to do it , also to burn a Koran , spit on a US flag , etc
    But I want the right to spit on a mexican flag ,

After all , you don't have to watch any of it , you also have the right to
    speak out against it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast