Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Smithfield plant caves to illegal immigrant protest!

It's official, the Smithfield Packing plant in North Carolina has reached an agreement with the protesting workers that has enabled "all" employees to return to work beginning today. Yes, you heard me right, the illegal immigrants have been given their jobs back. Supposedly they will be given more time to correct the SSN issue.

This makes absolutely no sense, either they have a valid SSN or they don't. The illegals had already been given to time to correct the problem, but failed to do so. Why would it be any different now? My guess is they no longer have any interest in firing the illegal immigrants. The Smithfield plant decided greed was more important than the rule of law and principle!

Anyone that has an interest in seeing the rule of law enforced in this case please contact the following individuals encouraging their intervention:

Sen. Elizabeth Dole (R-NC)
    555 DIRKSEN SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
    (202) 224-6342
    Web Form: dole.senate.gov/index.cfm?

Sen. Richard Burr (R - NC)
    217 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
    (202) 224-3154
    Web Form: burr.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.Home

Additionally, don't hesitate to share your opinions on the issue with Smithfield Foods:

information@smithfieldfoods.com

Smithfield Packing
    15855 NC Highway 87 W
    Tar Heel, NC 28392
    (910) 872-0032

http://www.smithfieldfoods.com/Career/C ... efault.asp

Corporate Office

Smithfield Foods, Inc
    200 Commerce Street
    Smithfield, VA 23430
    757-365-3000
    888-366-6767

Murphy-Brown LLC
    P.O. Box 487
    Warsaw, NC 28398
    Phone:910-296-1800
    Fax:910-296-1675
    HR Phone:910-296-1800
    HR Fax:910-296-6166

Murphy-Brown LLC
    2822 Highway 24 West
    Warsaw, NC 28398
    Phone:910-293-3434
    Fax:910-293-7551
    HR Phone:910-293-3434
    HR Fax:910-293-3199

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think they need to have an invite ICE to work day.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And I just sent them an email of support yesterday!! I'm going to email back suggesting that they strongly follow through with this as America and other corporations are watching. "Bullies" can't be allowed to win at whatever cost. Ol' playground rules. Give the bullies/illegals an inch, they'll take a mile. I hope their jubilaiton is short-lived.

Let's keep an eye on this...put on the pressure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Dixie wrote:

I think they need to have an invite ICE to work day.
    I agree! That is exactly what I suggested to Smithfield Foods. Heck, the illegal immigrant employees don't even need to know who called ICE. Moreover, I'm sure ICE is fully aware of what is going on. I'm hopeful ICE will take it upon themselves to do something regarding this situation, but doubtful they will.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I also sent an email of support and told them I would start buying from them now...just sent another email and told them, NOPE, no Smithfield for me.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I'll email them later today after work. Can someone post contact info for ICE?
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

MW
    Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
    Toll Free: 1 (866) 347-2423
    1-866-DHS-2ICE
    Visit ICE Website.
    Contact ICE Field Offices.

Contact ICE to report illegal aliens, employers that hire illegal labor, smugglers, document fraud, and other crimes by illegal aliens. Bilingual services are offered. Confidential reporting is allowed. ICE operates under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

You can also contact ICE via e-mail and display to the nation that an official report has been filed with ICE on an employer by using www.WeHireAliens.com

Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
    Mailing Address: U.S. Department of Homeland Security Washington, D.C. 20528
    Citizen Lines:
    Operator Number: 202-282-8000
    Comment Line: 202-282-8495
    Visit DHS Website.
    Send DHS a message online.

The Department of Homeland Security encourages citizens to contact their local law enforcement and local FBI office first especially if the matter involves personal safety. You can contact DHS to provide information and reports about suspected terrorist activity or crimes related to terrorism.

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
    Mailing Address:
    Federal Bureau of Investigation J. Edgar Hoover Building 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
    FBI HQ Phone: 202-324-3000
    Visit FBI Website.
    Locate FBI field offices.
    Submit a tip to the FBI online.

The FBI investigates many crimes related to illegal immigration such as fraud, governmental fraud, insurance fraud, money laundering, terrorism, public corruption, healthcare fraud, identity theft and financial institution fraud as well as terrorism.

Encourage all to contact the AG of NC. He's supposed to be big on
    identity theft & here it is in the newspaper.

KEY EXECUTIVES Pay Exercised

Mr. C. Larry Pope , 51
    Chief Exec. Officer, Pres, Chief Operating Officer $ 2.61M

Mr. Jerry H. Godwin , 59
    Pres - Murphy-Brown LLC $ 1.86M

Mr. George H. Richter , 61
    Pres of Farmland Foods $ 2.20M

Mr. Richard J.M. Poulson , 67
    Exec. VP $ 1.40M

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=sfd
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Congressman Bennie Thompson now heads the Homeland Security committee. He sent them a letter, crying they'd be held legally liable for checking these SS #'s. THAT is probably why they've changed courses.

WE NEED TO NAIL THOMPSON!
    Contact info:
    http://benniethompson.house.gov/hor/ms02/

and

The Committee on Homeland Security
    U.S. House of Representatives

Office: (202)226-4817
    Fax: (202) 226-3399
    E-mail: homeland@mail.house.gov

Here is Dobbs talking about this last night.

In San Jose, California, Cintas put six workers on unpaid leave when their Social Security numbers turned up bogus, something that prompted a warning letter from the top Democrat on the Homeland Security Committee.

ROMANS: Congressman Bennie Thompson sent a letter to the Cintas CEO warning him against potential discrimination. Now, it is illegal to knowingly employ illegal aliens, and there is nothing more color blind, Lou, than a Social Security number. When that match comes back negative there is no color involved.

DOBBS: And there is -- well, there are maddening, frustrating issues facing this country, but nothing really tops illegal immigration in this country. Bennie Thompson, who stands to chair the House Homeland Security Committee, having the effrontery to send that letter is absolutely idiotic.

ROMANS: Cintas says that letter came right out of the blue. No phone call saying, what's going on there, what are you doing, give me some background on this. He said it was a letter that fired off a warning right away.

DOBBS: Talking about discrimination, when in point of fact, laws of the United States are being violated. That company trying to move into conformity and he sends an intimidating, threatening letter to a company like that?

I mean, he ought to be ashamed of himself, and at the very least, he owes the American people and that company an explanation. And, indeed, the Homeland Security Department, because he is actually trying to impede the enforcement of those laws.

Smithfield facing protests from illegal alien workers, protests from a union? What in the world are they doing?

That brings us to the subject of our poll tonight. Our question is simply, do you believe Smithfield Meat Packing is racist and discriminatory in requiring that employees have valid Social Security numbers? We're just curious what you think. Yes or no?
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

Also:
    http://link.toolbot.com/house.gov/23438
    09/14/06 - Thompson Against Border Fence Bill
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast