Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Snap Judgment: Trump-Pence

http://american-rattlesnake.org/2016...t-trump-pence/

Without being able to peer into the mind of Donald Trump, it’s hard to discern what prompted him to pick Governor Pence. If we take his words at face value, party unity was one of the primary motivating factors. That undoubtedly played a role, although I doubt it will sway Republicans in the Dump Trump camp, whose obsession borders on the pathological and will undoubtedly persist through Cleveland. My take is that this choice is a bid to boost the perceived statesmanship of the GOP going into November. The gravitas deficit, a la Dick Cheney and Gaffes Biden, who was at one point inexplicably believed to add stature to a presidential ticket, is something HRC’s media lapdogs have tried to play up throughout this campaign. Keep in mind, Donald Trump’s opponent is a woman who owes her political career to the slanders she professed in defense of a man who used the Oval Office as a brothel, but this is the world we live in.

-While some analysts have already mocked Pence’s pronounced lack of charisma, the truth is that this is one area in which the Republican ticket needs no artificial enhancement. If Republicans had nominated another sacrificial lamb like Mitt Romney, a man who can be emasculated by the likes of Candy Crowley in front of a national television audience, then perhaps a fire-eater would be in order. However, Donald Trump is an individual who is not only capable of eviscerating his Democratic opponent and her myrmidons in the press, but relishes the opportunity. As Michael Malice has pointed out, Trump has already neutralized nearly the entire playbook the Democratic Party has used to great effect in previous campaigns. He has the rhetorical equivalent of a Predator drone at his disposal, while Hillary will be bringing a pistol whose cartridges are mostly blank. The need for Pence to assume the traditional attack dog role of a presidential running mate has not only been lessened, it’s been virtually eliminated.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

The Republican convention is almost upon us. Trump had to make a choice, which had been elusive.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do not doubt Trump, I support his decision. He is a very smart individual, as well as his family, and he has a role for every person WE thought he would choose as a VP.

He is a skilled and calculated Chess Player in this very complicated and dangerous game that Obama has put our Nation, our security and the future of ALL our lives in to.

I don't think it really matters. People are going to complain or be upset with whoever he chooses. The ones that might make them happy were not a fit at the time. If the happiness were to come from a VP who supported anit-illegal immigration policies, too bad. There was a candidate running for president who echoed Trumps positions on anti-illegal immigration and he was torn apart daily, post after post.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by joe s View Post
    I don't think it really matters. People are going to complain or be upset with whoever he chooses. The ones that might make them happy were not a fit at the time. If the happiness were to come from a VP who supported anit-illegal immigration policies, too bad. There was a candidate running for president who echoed Trumps positions on anti-illegal immigration and he was torn apart daily, post after post.
    I assume you're talking about Ted Cruz. At least with him, we knew what we were getting. I'm still having a difficult time figuring Trump out. I don't think any of us can say with certainty what we'll be getting. He'll say something one day and a week later he'll say something different or will do something that conflicts with what he said. He has never walked back his comments regarding the bringing back the good ones rapidly or his proposed merit-based system that would allow some to stay. Trump sort of seems like a crap shoot to me. Will we end up with snake-eyes or sevens and elevens? I honestly just don't know. Obviously a lot of people are convinced he means everything he says, which in itself is concerning (bring back the good ones rapidly and merit based system for amnesty). Of course throwing Pence into the equation, who also wanted to bring back the good ones rapidly (touch back amnesty). just adds to my concerns. Oh well, it is what it is and the die has been cast. I'll vote for him in November with the hope that he'll live up to the expectations so many have placed on him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn