Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStateVoter
    Got about 5 inches here. I lost my satellite tv but wireless broadband works, heat and lights still on. The mid December snow broke the cable lines and after one week of no repair provided, I switched. The biggest problem here is heavy snow breaks down trees, and the trees take out all lines in their path.
    Smow buildup on the dish will prevent the signal from going through, brushing it off will fix the problem.
    Thanks MountainDog. I took your advice. Got the snow off the dish and have had intermittant signals that come and go. There is no way I can get up on the roof to remove any ice that may be contributing to the problem.

April

Re: Snow in Raleigh!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Five inches here but mostly sleet coming down with big wind gusts. I think the wind chill is in the teens!

Anyone else getting snow out there today?

W
    Cool!
    I am on top of a mountain right now, no snow.....lol you got it all!! Congrats!!!!

I am soooooo jealous I could just cry

A family of snowbirds and we're....for now anyway....still withering away in this Godforesaken desert

Well, if you'll all excuse me while I go scream........
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a remedy. Make lots of crushed ice and ice cubes and throw on the driveway and walk. Then try going to the mailbox!
    Yesterday's mail fetch was a real challenge. Tonight we will have a balmy 15 degrees, and all that stuff that melted will refreeze into a skating rink. Tomorrow's high is 48 and Tuesday will bring more sleet. What fun we are having! Have to learn the fine art of skating in my sneakers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We had the most beautiful snowfall. It was about 3 inches, enough to build a nice snow girl, and it has still been around today in areas. It was a wintry mix, snow, sleet, ice, so there is ice under the snow in places, and that is quite dangerous.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

[quote="vortex"]

I have a remedy. Make lots of crushed ice and ice cubes and throw on the driveway and walk. Then try going to the mailbox!

Something similar took place in my kitchen last evening V My 10 year old had gotten himself some orange juice, the bag of ice shifted position in the freezer causing the door to pop open and we had a regular avalanche going on in here with little guy and mom slipping and sliding all over the place

Strange how 5 lbs of ice doesn't look like so much when it's in the bag.......

Yesterday's mail fetch was a real challenge. Tonight we will have a balmy 15 degrees, and all that stuff that melted will refreeze into a skating rink. Tomorrow's high is 48 and Tuesday will bring more sleet. What fun we are having! Have to learn the fine art of skating in my sneakers.

See, that's the key to navigating on ice V Never try to fight it...you're almost guaranteed to lose! Only after, of course, treating the neighbors to your own unique form of ice dancing

Nope, best to always just skate along on it....even in your sneakers! You'd actually be surprised just how much fun you find yourself having in the process

I'm still stumped as to why we super-intelligent humans are of the belief that we can somehow walk on ultra slick surfaces.....or should even try to..... and not suffer unhappy consequences. I've yet to see a polar bear or penguin sitting in the ER with a big bruise on their behinds and a big old dent in their dignity to go along with it........could be a lesson to be learned there I'm thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Nope but that's Texas.

Dixie
    We did get a white Christmas for the first time since 1926! We were so happy!! It was the most surreal Christmas ever.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Get ready for round 2 - possibility of more snow, sleet, freezing rain for parts of NC/VA starting Friday morning!

Go get your soup or chili fixin's before it's too crowded at the grocery store!

Sleet and ice mixed with rain......snow hasn't quite melted from last Fridays storm. My yard is an impossible mud swamp. Daughter came in covered with mud from head to toe from slipping in it. I can't remember the last time the yard was dry.

Oklahoma and parts of Texas had a severe ice storm with black outs across the state lasting over a week.
    So severe that, if there's a yard without downed trees, poles or broken branches, that means there was no tree's or poles in that yard.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast