Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Soft" Immigration Enforcement Says Lamar Smith

Obama Plan to Audit Employers Is "Soft" Immigration Enforcement Says Lamar Smith

By Elizabeth Llorente

Published January 21, 2011

2008: Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) speaks during a hearing of the House Judiciary Committee on Capitol Hill.

Rep. Lamar Smith, the Texas Republican who chairs the House Judiciary Committee, says the Obama Administration’s plans to create an office to sniff out employers who hire illegal immigrants is deficient and will not discourage the hiring of unauthorized workers.

In a statement sent to Fox News Latino, Smith said the new auditing efforts, announced Thursday by immigration officials, “are soft enforcement at best.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Jobs Americans won't do, and it'll cost us money if we deport them!"
    "I myself would like to see if this is actually true and there's only one way to find that out!" SOB!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: "Soft" Immigration Enforcement Says Lamar Smit

[quote="stevetheroofer"]Per Lamar Smith,
    “These audits are of little use, with many employers considering minor fines just the cost of doing business,â€

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "I myself would like to see if this is actually true and there's only one way to find that out!" SOB!
    It isn't true, it's never been true. It's been the lie of the country since slavery. All these eggheads who promote illegal aliens for labor in the US are just today's modern version of the pro-slavery movement, all claiming they can't find American Workers to grow crops and do other work. Well guess what? We grew crops in the North and the Midwest and the West without slaves. Americans did that work. We grew crops in my Dad's generation. He rode on the back of a pick up all the way from Missouri to California to pick fruit and bought his first new car with the money he earned, and a generation later my cousin drove all the way from Missouri to pick lettuce in California and paid his way through the University of Kansas School of Engineering with the money he earned. And my age group hauled hay in the summer and used the money they earned to buy their first new car AND pay their way through college.

So all these pond scum traitors are barking up the wrong tree because we know it's a lie. It's been a lie since the day it was first told centuries ago and it's been a lie every day since. That lie is why we have poverty. that lie is why we have unemployment. That lie is why we have underemployment and working poverty. That lie is why we have a $14 trillion debt we'll never be able to repay. That lie is responsible for a tremendous amount of harm, damage, failures, insolvency and despair.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'll buy into the "jobs Americans won't do" gig if I see one of these employers have a decent wage job posted across the country in every medium and major city for 6 months. But the only slight arguement is for agriculture work and thats only because we created a welfare class that makes more staying at home popping out babies.

Lamar Smith is right though. Obama's "crackdown" is a farse. Up deportations by an extra 10k a year maybe while ignoring the employers slapping tiny fines when they make far more by using illegal workers. Need to shut a business down if they are found to be hiring illegals.

Plus looking at it how many of these tiny garage business's will get audited? The small house construction groups that fly under the radar, the small stores owned and operated by illegals, and so on. There still will be plenty of jobs for illegals to do that Obama's crap won't touch with a 10 foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    It's been the lie of the country since slavery. All these eggheads who promote illegal aliens for labor in the US are just today's modern version of the pro-slavery movement, all claiming they can't find American Workers to grow crops and do other work.

That lie is responsible for a tremendous amount of harm, damage, failures, insolvency and despair.
    Well said.

Banned
    Aw the fly also wanted help.
    I can not help it, its a fly?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqYDRxdgnC0
    Almost as disgusting as the illegal alien invasion.
    No illegal aliens were harmed during this demonstration.
    The politically correct may assume that I want to crush the pro- illegal
    immigration agenda with this sad example of conservatism.
    Nope just an example of what the Left Libtards are going to do to Our
    Republic and a warning if We don't STOP THEIR AGENDA.

"Don't worry airdale up until recently no one said anything about illegals but now their out if the shadows and their covers have been pulled it's a whole new ball of wax!"

That frickin' movie used to give me nightmares when I was little!

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    It isn't true, it's never been true. It's been the lie of the country since slavery. All these eggheads who promote illegal aliens for labor in the US are just today's modern version of the pro-slavery movement, all claiming they can't find American Workers to grow crops and do other work. Well guess what? We grew crops in the North and the Midwest and the West without slaves. Americans did that work. We grew crops in my Dad's generation. He rode on the back of a pick up all the way from Missouri to California to pick fruit and bought his first new car with the money he earned, and a generation later my cousin drove all the way from Missouri to pick lettuce in California and paid his way through the University of Kansas School of Engineering with the money he earned. And my age group hauled hay in the summer and used the money they earned to buy their first new car AND pay their way through college.

So all these pond scum traitors are barking up the wrong tree because we know it's a lie. It's been a lie since the day it was first told centuries ago and it's been a lie every day since. That lie is why we have unemployment. That lie is why we have poverty. That lie is why we have have working poverty. That lie is why we have a $14 trillion debt that can't be repaid. That lie is responsible for a tremendous amount of harm, damage, failures, insolvency and despair. That lie has robbed many millions of Americans of their right to expect equal protection by the country of their citizenship. That lie has destroyed their dreams to pursue happiness, independence, financial security and a nest egg for their posterity in a society that demands the promise of liberty and opportunity for their benefit and expects a government to represent and serve that best interest.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The small construction companies that "fly under the radar" are the first ones who should be audited. Illegals are rampant in residential construction and this once honorable profession must be reclaimed for American workers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast