Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Solicit pressure from abroad-Bombard Intl. Newspapers

Talking with overseas internet friends lately I've made reference to our illegal alien invasion. Surprisingly, not a one of them has ever heard anything about this. And these were intelligent, educated people. It made me think that we need to get more exposure overseas. In fact this story is underreported worldwide. It need not be so.

I think many of us could draft up a good feature article and send it off to some newspaper in a far off land. Or how about a short "letter to the editor"? Reaching overseas newspapers is simple and you should be able to submit by email. I wouldn't worry about the language . The newspaper would probably translate your letter, if it suits them to publish it.

Many intl. newspapers can be reached from this page: http://www.crisisgroup.org/home/index.cfm?id=3487&l= or just google for other fax or email addresses of international print media.

Essentially, this is no different than emailing your representatives, or your domestic papers. However, if you're lucky, YOUR letter may end up sparking a front page story or you may initiate a groundswell of public support from overseas. A well written, informative article may even lead to an interview or appearance, especially if you have some credentials.

How to write a letter to the editor? --some ideas here: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/activist/howlte.htm one quote from that page may encourage you: "it is also apparent that the media can be influenced by letters they do not acknowledge. We have found many times that a simple letter to someone in the media wound up in major media coverage weeks or months later."

What say you?
    p.s. In your article or letter don't forget to stress that legal immigrants are, and always have been, welcomed.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

How about some sample letter? And do we write the article or just forward articles we have here on hand?

PM Me, I can get a rough translation in German but most of them know English.
    I can send both copies

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just a thought , I have had to send a note or to too a friends family in Greece. I used a free transilator I found at Google.com. I typed up the message then pasted it to the transilator. Not saying its great but worked ok enough to get full message across. this might help in the language department.
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.

It isn't too surprising that many overseas don't know about the problem.

There seems to be many in America that aren't aware it is a problem.

Letting the world know might be a good idea - on the other hand, it might encourage some to make their way to Mexico and walk in also.

Don't mind me,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)