Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

some thoughts from a distant Australian

Hello everyone,

My name is Stanley Ipkis. I have posted once before but that was a long time ago. I would like to briefly introduce myself.

I am currently working as a Process Engineer at a pharmaceutical firm in Australia. I decided to seek unemployment in the United States and had applied to Bristol-Meyers Squibb. I was accepted for a position and now I'm in the process of obtaining a visa and the necessary paperwork to enter the United States. This process is taking quite some time now but I have no immediate urgency to enter the U.S.. Bristol-Meyers has indeed informed me that the position is still open and they are actively involved in my legal process.

As a potential immigrant, I am very much interested in the immigration problem in America and have abused Google in my search for information. It seems that the primary focus is the problem of illegal immigration into the United States, namely through the southern border with Mexico. However, I have also come across information that half of all illegal immigrants in the U.S. are so-called "visa-overstays". Evidently, they entered legally but then stayed beyond their authorized period. I understand that they are also considered illegal immigrants.

I have periodically browsed this forum for information and I have run into your opposition's website, the DREAM Act Portal. It seems this website is dedicated to the passage of federal legislation named the DREAM Act. I researched the DREAM Act, again with Google, and came across the text of the legislation as well as several arguments in favor and in opposition.

I must indeed say that this legislation has quite some merit in it. It seems to focus on students educated in the United States and who have lived in America since childhood. I've browsed the Portal website and have read some of the biographies of the Portal members. It looks like that this DREAM Act would be helping some very talented young people. Although I am vehemently opposed to their illegal actions, I do believe this DREAM Act is worthy of strong consideration based on its merit.

The primary argument against this legislation is that it would benefit a swath of illegal immigrants as opposed to its intended demographic. I'm sure its possible to strengthen the requirements of this legislation to target its intended demographic.

I am posting this not to anger or incite any of you but to understand your thoughts. I would like your opinion on this issue and would appreciate any clarification.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Kindly,

Stanley Ipkis

no

First, as a foreigner, you don't and can't possilby understand what it's like to see America turn into a 3rd world crap-hole.

Second, illegal aliens deserve nothing short of immediate deportation. No schooling, no medical care, no food stamps..etc. We Americans are sick and tired of literally paying for Latin America's corruption.

As an Australian, how would you feel if 10% (the number of Mexicans living in the US) of Indonesians were living in Australi and getting social freebies? The population of Indonesia is 230 million, the population of Aus is 25 mil. 10% of Indonesia living in Aus would make you a minority in your own country and YOUR taxes would be paying for all their benefits.

Didn't Auss end birthright citizenship a few years ago? Why did you do that? I think you know the reason.

It was nice of you to post again. I agree the Dream Act sounds good. If it merely rewarded students, I would even be tempted to support it. Although many at this site never would.

Unfortunately, the Dream Act grants amnesty to the students and their EXTENDED FAMILLY. The students are here because their parents broke the law and invaded our country, to steal a job/s. This legislation would grant the PARENTS amnesty, not just the "innocent" children.

Sinc e you like it, I recommend you petition YOUR elected representative to adopt it in YOUR country.

I'll bet you an Austrailian case of beer, it doesn't stand a chance.

Hello 'Stanley'.

One simple question for you:

Why are you posting from within the US?
    A cursory look into the details about your IP suggests you have a US-based ISP and that you are currently in the US.

Second, Re:
    I am currently working as a Process Engineer at a pharmaceutical firm in Australia. I decided to seek unemployment in the United States
    Uh, I think you meant 'employment' not unemployment...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Also...

As a potential immigrant, I am very much interested in the immigration problem in America and have abused Google...
    Maybe you owe Google an apology?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Why are you posting from within the US?
    A cursory look into the details about your IP suggests you have a US-based ISP and that you are currently in the US.
    Busted!!!

Unless he/she is hiding his/her true IP, 'Stanley' is in NYC.

Here's what Google turns up in a cursory search on his 'name':

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=st ... gle+Search

OOOOOOOOOOO, do we have a new troll to replace retro???? Cool! Time to play, Patriots!!!

Stanley, if you can debate civilly and follow our rules, you will be able to post as long as you can. Our last troll, retro, only lasted, what, a week? Yeah, poor retro. He blew it by losing his cool and calling some of us "evil."

So how's the weather in NY? er, I mean "Australia"?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

So do we have another potential Dream Act Recipient on a fishing exposition posing as a Aussie ?

Thanks for the heads up Phred !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

You betcha USPatriot.

I'm addressing this thread a bit more than I normally would as I *do* have an Australian-born relative in the extended family and happen to know at least a little about the emigration to the US 'thing'.

So far, I'm seeing little evidence to suggest this person is actually representing his/her self truthfully.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast