Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Truth

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Keep in mind

To people in Iowa that don't know Huck or took the time to
    check his record

He did sound tough on illegals , that and parading around with
    Gilchrest

He won by smoke and mirrors and a healthy dose of snake oil
    I think there is some truth to this...

Iowa has no idea what illegal immigration can do to area in terms of wage deflation, etc. But, I do believe republicans there were concerned about it.

But, think about it. Iowa hospitals aren't shutting down. Iowa schools haven't doubled in size. Iowans aren't watching their tax dollars evaporate into English as Second Language programs that swell.

So, to a certain extent - Huckabee probably did "sound" tough. They're not in the fray of this yet. This is new to me. You guys have been fighting this for years. I had to look up and see people picketing on my television and then started noticing the changes in my grocery stores, on construction sites, and in local factories, and catfish farms.

I think Romney's negative ads(I forget what he called them) backfired. And, it's really unfortunate. Because he looks like he's from a stable background, solid marriage, five handsome sons. I think if he had stayed positive he would have done better.

I think he also may have looked a bit too rich and out of touch, like he could buy the White House.

I know there are those who say they are uncomfortable with the Mormon religion. I'm a Christian. I don't have any problems with Romney's religion.

He looks squeaky clean compared to some others. I think Romney's chances are good in NH.

Check previous elections. First place in Iowa doesn't get you the White House. Bill Clinton (dare I speak his name) came in 3rd place. To date, I'm not sure that we've had someone who came in less than 3rd and went to the White House. So, I was still pretty happy to see McCain & Guiliani in those ranks.

Good point, Ymeoru! Yes...Ed Rollins was on Lou Dobb frequently and it sure smells like he's taking a page from Lou's book!! It's not going to fools us though...Huckabee's record speaks for itself! As recently as 2 weeks ago he was talking about his 'touch back' scheme and pathway to citizenship. When quizzed by a reporter, he said "I never said what the 'pathway' would be!" He is playing a sleight of hand game of semantics reminiscent of another governor of Arkansas.

I have no respect for Rollins after he made those vulgar comments about Romney the other day! And Huckbee is no better...the stunt about axing the Romney attack ad and then playing it for the press...was just plain mean spirited.

Re: Someone is starting to sound a little bit like Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Ya know. I was listening to Huckabee tonight in his interview and he said a few things I've heard Lou Dobbs say. You know, "Whose standing up for the middle class?"

[Don't pass out, yet. I haven't lost my mind.]

Huckabee's new campaign manager is Ed Rollins.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 64_pf.html

Some of you may remember him from the Reagan days. But, I remember him as a frequent sitter at Lou Dobbs desk before he became Huckabee's campaign manager. If anyone knows how to understand the plight of the middle class, we know its Lou Dobbs.

I think ole Ed probably knew exactly what the people of Iowa needed to hear in order to seal the deal. I guess he'd been listening to Lou, just like the rest of us.
    I THINK ED ROLLINS IS ONE OF THE ONLY REASONS WHY HUCKABEE WON. Ed Rollins knows what the people want to hear. I also believe it was Ed Rollins idea to have Huckabee pull the attack ad against Romney. Afterall, only an experienced person like Ed Rollins would know that a candidate would get more "air time" with that announcement, than the "ad" itself. IT SURE WORKED.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Someone is starting to sound a little bit like Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    Ya know. I was listening to Huckabee tonight in his interview and he said a few things I've heard Lou Dobbs say. You know, "Whose standing up for the middle class?"

[Don't pass out, yet. I haven't lost my mind.]

Huckabee's new campaign manager is Ed Rollins.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 64_pf.html

Some of you may remember him from the Reagan days. But, I remember him as a frequent sitter at Lou Dobbs desk before he became Huckabee's campaign manager. If anyone knows how to understand the plight of the middle class, we know its Lou Dobbs.

I think ole Ed probably knew exactly what the people of Iowa needed to hear in order to seal the deal. I guess he'd been listening to Lou, just like the rest of us.
    I THINK ED ROLLINS IS ONE OF THE ONLY REASONS WHY HUCKABEE WON. Ed Rollins knows what the people want to hear. I also believe it was Ed Rollins idea to have Huckabee pull the attack ad against Romney. Afterall, only an experienced person like Ed Rollins would know that a candidate would get more "air time" with that announcement, than the "ad" itself. IT SURE WORKED.
    Here's an article with ole Ed talking about that ad. He says it was his idea to run it, Huckabee's to pull it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?nav=hcmodule

The press conference made him look a little silly and a lot shifty.

Ed Rollins is lower than low. I remember when he ran Christie Whitman's campaign against Jim Florio for govenor of NJ he basically went around to Black churches and gave them "charitable contributions" to try and get them not to talk up Florio as much and to try to help out Christie in the urban areas.

Ed Rollins will resort to any tactic to win and now he is trying to have Huckabee sound like Lou. It is a shame the Iowans fell for it-hopefully the rest of the country won't.

Nicole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12