Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Something to ponder over Memorial Day weekend . . .

For those of us who are Christians:

Romans 13 New International Version (NIV)

Submission to the Authorities

1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

When the governing powers are deceitful, traitorous, and evil, they are not established by God. Therefore, we are not required to submit.

Forgive me. . . actually I was directing this to the illegal criminals . . . Which should give us more strength to do the right thing.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Great passage, Alisab! I am going to be thanking God over this Memorial Day weekend for the men and women who sacrificed their lives to keep this country safe and free.

I will also be thankful in my rememberance of those founding father patriots who designed our government to be of the people, for the people and by the people...not by kings, queens, dictators or potentates.

Last, but not least...I will be thanking my God for this land of the free and home of the brave! And in my gratefulness I will renew my responsibility as a citizen of the United States of America to carry out God's intention for our country as well as the memory of those who have protected it in the past by standing up against the powers and principalities that seek to destroy that which is right and good!

Thank you for helping me to ponder these things during this Memorial Day weekend!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    Forgive me. . . actually I was directing this to the illegal criminals . . . Which should give us more strength to do the right thing.
    Sorry, alisab. I totally misconstrued.