Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sometimes I wonder if we still live in America.

I was watching the end of this trial and they were getting the reactions of some of the people who were on the Defense side. What the said was very powerful. Than this relative or friend stood up and from the time he stood up till he sat down I did not understand a single word he said. He only spioke Spanish. When you are in a legal I believe this person should have known he would be speaking in spanish and provided for Someone to interpret what he was going to say. He was talking to his people and did not care if the English speaking people could understand him or not.

This is the tip of an iceberg of many situations where people choose to live in this country but do not choose to learn the language of the country. Everythin is in Spanish and not always in English as well. I have heard peoploe say they don't wan to learn English out of loyalty to their country. What people don't take into account is how much translating things into Spanish is costing the country. How much paper it costs the country. It goes onn and on and on. They say they have the right to understand things in their native tongue. There are many other people who are in this country who don't speak English but do not get the priviledges of things being in their native tongue. My past inlaws are from French and were here on a perminent green card. They were in this country legaly, they made the effort to be here legally. Many people from others come here legally because they make the effort. The problem is with hispanics don't try because they have heard how difficult it is and how long it takes to be citizens. So they don't even try. The bring their pragnant wives (hopes of a anchor baby) and their children, some very young with the wrong expectation that once the baby is born everyone in the family will become citizens. They are wrong. If they are lucky to bring the family without dying of dehydration. Some of the children are as around two years old. He does not know what is going on. He learns English and believes he is a citizen. Then comes the day when he wants to get a drivers licsense. He gets the worse news of his life, he is not a citizen and he cannot get a drivfers liscence.. To get one he must go back to Mexico or the country of his origin. Then the other shoe drops. Because he has lived in the country for so long as an illegal ijmigrant they have to wait five years before they can try again. There is no guarantee that he will be able to get a green card or other paper work that would allow him to live in America. His choices are few. He can try to raise the money so he can go to America with the other illegals. Or he can do the waiting and take the chance he will be able to get in legal. The chances of doing that are slim and noe, and slim hs left town. This kid came in when he was 2 and knows nothing of Spanish or the customs of his people. He has no where to go to find his family that are still in Mexico. The lifestyle is completely different, he is a lost soul. I blame the parents, they should have known better. All they care is to get to America and then solve the problems, or not solve the problems. Just another face of people who are the faces of the illegal immigrant. It's complexity is almost impossible to understand or do anything to make better. If these people who come to this country in drovfes don't want to have a job, a house and the American dream. You have come to the wrong place. With the promiss of citizenship some will take the line of the armed service. You fight in our armed forces and you will be a citizen, accept many come home in a box. When the great depression came here in America I don't think vast numbers of Americans made way for the border. Americans stayed and fought.The more of your young working class people who slip accross the border are harming their own country and the country they are running to. I doubt that this was explained to them. Without young men to do the jobs that the country going just weakens the country the more young men from their country. Jimmy carter taught the people many years ago how to rotate their crops so they could bring back crops. Apparently it still is a force to be reckoned . I see allot of produce comming from Mexico. Who is picking the crops if the men are running to america We call that a domino effect. If there is no one to pick the crops the crops will fail. There are familys who came with the land rush in Oklohoma. They got their land ad all that came with it. The suffered all the things that come with owning land. They fought through drought and floods and famine . There was nothing more important than the land they owned. They would never consider leaving their lands. Even when all was lost because of being tricked by governemnt who wanted the land they did not leave the country. They stayed and worked and saved for the day they could buy loand again. I will admit I don't know how things are going with the farms now. The farms that are the most important industry in the country. I think these people should go back home and get their country back on it's freet. This is not the first time a conty havfe tjurned into chost countriesl
    I think if we got together and looked nto what it would take to get the country back on it's feet. Americans usualy want to help, but it is difficult to help a people who are stabbing us in the back.

America, where is your anger?

If they're hear legally they already know English! And you're right it costs the US boo-coo!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn