Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Song & Video for the Open Borders Bush Bots

Lighter Side Comment

I've found a song and video I like a lot that I'll be listening to a great deal over the coming weeks.

While I recognize there is a great deal of diverse cultures and musical preferences on the board, check this out.

Yes, that is the "War Room" from the movie Dr. Strangelove in the video. Any other Stanley Kubrick fans on the board?

This song is called "Time is Running Out" by a group called Muse from their album Absolution.

The link to the video and lyrics are posted below for your hopeful enjoyment.

OUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT
    http://mp.aol.com/video.index.adp?pmmsi ... 6&resize=1

Lyrics

I think im drowning
    asphyxiated
    I wanna break the spell
    that you've created

you're something beautiful
    a contradiction
    I wanna play the game
    I want the friction

you will be
    the death of me
    yeah, you will be
    the death of me

bury it
    I won't let you bury it
    I won't let you smother it
    I won't let you murder it

Our time is running out
    Our time is running out
    you can't push it underground
    you can't stop it screaming out

I wanted freedom
    Bound and restricted
    I tried to give you up
    but I'm addicted

now that you know I'm trapped
    sense of elation
    You'd never dream of breaking this fixation
    you will squeeze the life out of me

bury it
    I won't let you bury it

and our time is running out
    we can't stop it screaming out
    Has it come to this?

you will suck the life out of me

bury it
    I won't let you bury it

you can't stop it screaming out

how did it come to this?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who is Stanley Kubrick?

What Kind of group is Muse?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Muse would be consider an alternative rock group.

I just discovered them a few days ago and I'm very impressed with their music. There is a lot of social commentary in their tunes.

Stanley Kubrick was a famed film director. Some of the films he did that you might recognize are...

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

A Clockwork Orange (1971)

The Shining (1980)

Full Metal Jacket (1987)

2001: A Space Odyssey (196

Lolita (1962)

Spartacus (1960)

Here are more films and projects he was associated with...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000040/#director1990

In the Muse video linked above, the stage is the NORAD war room table from the movie Dr. Strangelove which is surrounded by generals and staff.

Please tell me there are others users on this board that have seen Dr. Strangelove.

Plot Outline: An insane general starts a process to nuclear holocaust that a war room of politicians and generals frantically try to stop

Stars: Peter Sellers, George C. Scott, Slim Pickens, James Earl Jones...

Trivia: General Ripper's belief that putting fluoride in water was a Communist plot to poison Americans is not made up; it was a common theory among the American right wing during the 1950s.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

social commentary

I like social commentary and think it's good for the nation. In fact, the right to free speech is based on the idea that people be allowed a free exchange of ideas. I wholeheartedly support every man or woman's right to speak as they see fit, and exchange whatever ideas they may have, even if I don't always agree. That's Democracy in action!
    As fpr this alternative rock group, Muse, while I appreciate what they are saying, I believe it would be said better with some good ole Country Music, which, in my opinion, is closer to the actual heartbeat of Americans when it comes to values, concerns and patriotism. Call me old fashioned, but what the hell, couldn't Toby Keith or Alan Jackson do it better?
    "This land is your land, this land is my land," but it's not their land.

You have a point there Jim. I don't think Muse is in our 'target market' but these tunes increase my productivity when I'm working

Perhaps we should write some Country Music groups and ask them to please write some songs like "Get these illegals out of of my country." or "My daddy didn't fight for open border" or "Hey King George, I need that job."

The sadness and blues of illegal immigration and its impact on American workers certainly has Country Music written all over it.

MTV would never allow such content as it would alienate part of their new market.

Now, I do think some rap artists would broach the topic although Im not a fan of rap.

It would be an interesting idea to consider approaching some musicians and asking them to heed the call.

W

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Yes, that is the "War Room" from the movie Dr. Strangelove in the video. Any other Stanley Kubrick fans on the board?
    I like some of Kubrick's movies and own a few on DVD. Ones I like and own are the Killing, Paths of Glory, Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove, and Full Metal Jacket. I used to own 2001 Space Odyssey but sold it.

It took me a few times to appreciate the satire of Dr. Strangelove, but it is a good movie with excellent casting. Peter Sellers was brilliant in his multiple roles, and I thought George C Scott portrayal as General 'Buck' Turgidson was one of his more memorable screen performances.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Now has anyone here actually watched the Muse video at the link above yet?

W

I thought the discussion was about Dr. Strangelove and Kubrick movies. :P

The answer to your question on the video is no.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well it has drifted to the movies. The original point in my first post is about the song called "Our Time is Running Out" by a group called Muse.

The video is shot on a War Room circular table mimicing the NORAD table in Dr. Strangelove the movie.

There is a link the music video in the first post that should be accesible to both broadband and dial up users.

W

Hey, I finally tried to watch the video but couldn't get it to play past the advertisement. Oh well maybe I will try watching the Wizard of Oz while listening to the Darkside of the Moon by Pink Floyd instead.