Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    This is what this country has come to. For everyone else it's ok to be a racist, but for white people, no way no how, we're not going to allow that. I'm so sick of this hypocritical double standard BS perpetrated by self hating white liberal a-hole politicians in both parties. So if David Duke wants to become a supreme court justice then he shouldn't have any problem getting in, yeah right. Such nonsense. He would get voted down in a second by these self righteous pompous a-holes. No I don't support David Duke or what he or his organization stand for, but they will condemn him for the same things they will condone someone outside the white race would stand for. It's a joke.
    I wouldn't compare Sotomayor to David Duke either. Other than her her one comment POSSIBLY being misunderstood, there is no evidence she is racist.

IMO she is racist for supporting LaRaza aside from remarks that she has spewed about white people. Strange as to how statements are always "out of context" isn't it? This tells me that this race of which she supports has stepped over the line and should be
    dealt with in the same way as other racist groups. No BS excuses

[b]Obama Says Sotomayor’s “Castrate White Malesâ€

Quote Originally Posted by attorneyatlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    This is what this country has come to. For everyone else it's ok to be a racist, but for white people, no way no how, we're not going to allow that. I'm so sick of this hypocritical double standard BS perpetrated by self hating white liberal a-hole politicians in both parties. So if David Duke wants to become a supreme court justice then he shouldn't have any problem getting in, yeah right. Such nonsense. He would get voted down in a second by these self righteous pompous a-holes. No I don't support David Duke or what he or his organization stand for, but they will condemn him for the same things they will condone someone outside the white race would stand for. It's a joke.
    I wouldn't compare Sotomayor to David Duke either. Other than her her one comment POSSIBLY being misunderstood, there is no evidence she is racist.
    I see...so a history of repeating the same comment on numerous occasions was possibly misunderstood , by those who might have implied a more sinister meaning to such comments. Fair enough. Many people disagree however.

The mere perception of a bias as a judge, would be sufficient grounds to excude her from the bench. If her comments do not rise to the level of racism, they certainly create a perception that her beliefs might preclude her from being fair and impartial as a judge.

If there was a misunderstanding, Sotomayor, through her poor choice of words, created it. That in of itself should be troubling. Especially for someone touted as being extremely bright, possessing a superior education and aspiring to sit on the highest court in the land.

Had the Senate Committee on the Judiciary taken their time and examined her record, they might have come to such a conclusion. Probably why her confirmation was rushed through and then passed onto the Senate for confirmation.

The one qualification Sotomayor had that was relevant was her ethnicity. What was that word used? Ah, yes, historical. That's it!

While here, I might mention how Sotomayor's membership in the hispanic supremacy group, la raza, was also probably just a misunderstanding.

I also can see how someone might be led to believe la raza means, the race, despite efforts by this organization to claim otherwise. Just another misunderstanding I suppose.

Perhaps, repeating the same comment over many years, taken into context with her long standing membership with la raza could be misconstrued.

I could see how that might happen....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So...she's the equivalent of David Duke? Her qualifications were such that she did deserve to sit on the bench. There is nothing in her rulings that indicate she's racist.
    Only she can explain her statement. Was it in poor choice, probably: David Duke esque, absolutely not. If she had made that statement and her decisions were that which supported racism, I would think differently. I believe her rulings which have been reversed on appeal were either with the average of below the average of judges. Was she pandering to some political organization when she made those statements?

I do not know if her ignorant statements were the result of pandering or represented her true feelings. But does that really matter. Either way, her words are troubling.

I do know that I would be more inclined to believe what she has been saying consistently over a 15-20 years period, as opposed to what she said during a week of confirmation hearnings. Even a non-attorney like myself knows she had a vested interest in distancing herself or backpedaling from such statements when confronted with them. That's no surprise.

It's the perception of bias that presents a problem. And I could care less about david duke. Besides, sotomayor does not have to rise to the level of a david duke to be deemed a racist. Even a racist can be qualified.

Was sotomayor pandering when she joined the hispanic supremacy group la raza?

I believe her rulings which have been reversed on appeal were either with the average of below the average of judges.

Really? So has average become the new benchmark for selecting a Supreme Court Justice? This is the Supreme Court we are talking about here. Couldn't Obama have found a jurist who's reversal rate was well below the average of judges? Or was there no hispanic available that fit the bill?

I guess it really doesn't matter now. She was confirmed and we are stuck with her, better or for worse. Time will tell.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12