Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It is much easier for the illegals to mass for a protest. There is a built-in base of them in all of our major cities, plus they have jobs where they can take off for a day's protest. We, on the other hand are spread out in the smaller communities and have responsibilities that make it difficult for us to travel and take time off. We do have at least two great advantages over them though. We have superior numbers and we have the vote. We have to use both our advantages to demonstrate to Congress, that we WILL not be denied. Sooner or later, with their cooperation or with their replacements cooperation, we will stop illegal immigration.

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

SOS is back up now
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Someone asked for the rendevous spot if Alipac goes down.

We met last time at

http://latinoamericans.org/phpBB

and still have that open invitation to meet there - if you want to bookmark it.

Sylvia Alvarado
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Exactly...
    The illegals did not march on Washington in huge numbers, but rather other major cities where they seem to be in abundance. They seem to be making their voice heard everywhere, and that may be what we should be doing. I'd go to washington if it came to that just as mentioned, however....
    It takes time to get there and time to get back, and time to protest, and money to make it all come true. For that same investment you might be able to protest 3 or 4 days in front of your senators childrens school, or your congresspersons favorite restaurant. Which one would be more effective though?
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Banned
    You would be an absolute fool and a traitor to the cause to protest ANYWHERE that might involve children. If you think we need to sink to that level, you're on the wrong website!

AyatollahGondola,

I think to fight smart right now we should use our advantages in the system, our advantages of language, and our advantages in the current law and elections.

A physical march on Washington would play into enemy hands and we would be coming down to meet them on their level where they have hords of people that can muster while our people are working two jobs everyday.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    You would be an absolute fool and a traitor to the cause to protest ANYWHERE that might involve children. If you think we need to sink to that level, you're on the wrong website!
    Huh?
    Name calling is not sinking to a lower level?
    First off, I believe this is the correct website for me; at least one of them anyway.
    Secondly, I don't share your obviously passionate exclusion of Americas youth from this discussion. The truth seems to be that our children, mine anyway, are directly in the crossfire of illegal immigrations' effects and the propaganda going seemingly one way while they are at school and other events. All that while my representatives send thier kids to a much different school, and expose them to a whole different standard. I would pass out literature that showed the effects of illegal immigration, and abusive legal immigration directly in the schools that my reps send their kids in a minute. I'd have pictures of the shooting that was in front of one of my kids high school. Illegal alien gang members they were. The neighborhood where he has to go to school is exactly that. And while he is ducking bullets to stay in school, the propaganda machine enabled by the congress and the senate tells him that that Hmong kids in the bungelow 100 yards away from his class are being protected and taught in a safe environment due their language and racial differences, and that he should be understanding of the situation.
    So no,....I am no traitor. I may do foolish things once and a while, but that gives no rise to a blanket label as you said. The children are the future of America, and the lobbies that we all despise so much are already deeply entrenched in their lives. Once again, enabled by my congress and senate wenches. (appropriate name calling; they are not Alipac members)
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    AyatollahGondola,

I think to fight smart right now we should use our advantages in the system, our advantages of language, and our advantages in the current law and elections.

A physical march on Washington would play into enemy hands and we would be coming down to meet them on their level where they have hords of people that can muster while our people are working two jobs everyday.

W
    I'd like to help. What would you like me to do?

Banned
    "For that same investment you might be able to protest 3 or 4 days in front of your senators childrens school, or your congresspersons favorite restaurant."

I'm sorry, but trying to protest in front of a school is as bad as what Casa de Maryland threatened to do to Minutemen. Just yesterday a Spanish-language paper here in Atlanta printed directions and a map to the home of Chip Rogers, the sponsor of SB 529. If you are advocating that we protest in front of CHILDREN's schools, and involve them in this fight in THAT way, Then I can NOT support you!

If anyone else disagrees with me, let them speak up now! I need to know what we stand for here, and I for one will not stand for that. I am not a terrorist, and I don't think anyone else here is, either.

Protest in front of a child's school. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    AyatollahGondola,

W
    William:

We disagree on this one...I think a March on Washington is just what we need, especially in this major election cycle coming up...this is a hot button political issue, and the Latino pro Amnesty folks know they have an advantage in that both the Republicans and Democrats are trying to walk a tight rope of appeasing us, while pandering to a block of voters both sides desparately want. In this election cycle, the Latino's could be the control group that decides who holds the majority in both the House and the Senate, UNLESS the middle class as a whole stands up and is heard making ultimatums.

A major show of force, strength and UNITY on the part of the various groups and individuals that make up our camp puts every elected official in Washington, DC (where this issue good, bad or ugly is going to be decided) on NOTICE. A million citizen march on Washington, a peaceful sit in that shuts down the Senate is EXACTLY what we need...at least by my way of thinking. A million people on the White House Lawn demanding to speak to the president will put this nation on notice that the middle class is no longer going to be the whipping boy for any one looking to abuse citizens in the name of corporate bottom line profits, which is what this issue is all about...a cheap pool of laborers based on supply and demand means depressed wages and a lower quality of life for most of us, while the rich get richer and end up owning more and more of America.

I think a multi pronged attack makes a lot of sense, but think one of those prongs needs to be a serious effort at making our presense known in a large way inside the beltway of Washington, DC.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast