Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This sounds more like the TRUTH in numbers FINALLY

This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows.
    To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=50196

Saturday, May 13, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ON CAPITOL HILL
    Gingrich: Republicans
    'drifting toward disaster'
    Warns Senate immigration bill
    allows 36 million to stay in U.S.

Posted: May 13, 2006
    5:35 p.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Newt Gingrich
    Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is warning that the immigration bill favored by Senate Republicans will permit up to 36 million illegal aliens, as opposed to the 11 million being cited by proponents, to remain in the U.S. – a number that will make the average American "furious" when learned and will hurt the GOP.

"I am very worried that the Republican leadership in the Senate and potentially the White House are just going to end up very alienated from the vast majority of Americans on this issue," Gingrich told Human Events in an exclusive interview.. "The Senate bill is an absolute disaster."

Gingrich criticized the makeup of the conference committee, saying the agreement made between Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R.-Tenn.) and Minority Leader Harry Reid (D.-Nev.) "guarantees a bad bill." Under the terms outlined by Reid, Frist and Reid each get to appoint seven senators to the committee. Republicans will have seven more from the Judiciary Committee, whereas Democrats will only be able to send five from the committee.

"The Senate is drifting toward a disaster of the first order," Gingrich said. "The bill they're looking at is a bad bill. It violates, in almost every case, what the American people want."

Gingrich, who will appear on NBC's "Meet the Press" tomorrow, cited a recent poll released by Zogby and the Center for Immigration Studies showing overwhelming support – 65% to 30% – for the House bill, a measure that emphasizes enforcement.

Eighty-four percent of the poll's respondents wanted the government to prosecute employers who hire illegals and 86% agreed that federal dollars should be cut off to cities and states that refuse to enforce immigration laws. Nine out of 10 respondents favored making English proficiency a requirement to earn citizenship and 85% endorsed a voter-identity card to guarantee that only American citizens were casting ballots.

Gingrich disputed the oft-cited figure of 11 million illegal aliens who would be affected by any immigration reform bill, saying he believes the actual count would be three times greater.

"If there is an honest debate about how many million people will be given a chance to come to America under the Senate bill, we're told the number is between 30 million and 36 million people," he said. "When the average American learns that, they are going to be furious if the Senate Republicans allow that kind of bill out of the Senate.

"The Senate bill expands substantially who can be brought in as a member of the family," Gingrich noted. "So you take 11 million and add the other people, and we believe the real number is between 30 million and 36 million."

President Bush is scheduled to address the nation on immigration in a primetime speech Monday night.

"I look forward to the speech Monday night because I fervently hope the president is not going to side with the liberals in the Senate against the conservatives in the House, because no one in the president's base will understand that decision," Gingrich said.

"This is a great opportunity for the President to re-bond with the overwhelming majority of the American people. And the overwhelming majority of the American people say, ‘Put border security first.'"

END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

If there is an honest debate about how many million people will be given a chance to come to America under the Senate bill, we're told the number is between 30 million and 36 million people," he said. "When the average American learns that, they are going to be furious if the Senate Republicans allow that kind of bill out of the Senate.
    I just saw him on Meet the Press and he said the same thing. I said a long time ago I believed there were between 30 and 50 milion here. Nice to know I wasn't that far off.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Eighty-four percent of the poll's respondents wanted the government to prosecute employers who hire illegals and 86% agreed that federal dollars should be cut off to cities and states that refuse to enforce immigration laws. Nine out of 10 respondents favored making English proficiency a requirement to earn citizenship and 85% endorsed a voter-identity card to guarantee that only American citizens were casting ballots.
    I like the idea of having federal dollars taken away from cities and states that refuse to support immigration laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think Gingrich is saying that there are 30 million illegals here now. The thing is we're hearing estimated numbers of 12 to even 40 million. The real shame is that we don't know to the head who and how many are here. Gingrich is pointing out that each illegal alien here has the potential to bring several more family members across the border and is using a base number of around 10 million. What if it is 40 million illegals here?

President Bush wants all these illegals to remain here with and bring their families. He vows that these individuals will go to the back of the line, behind those candidates all around the world awaiting legal immigration, and then obtain citizenship. This can only mean a tremendous acceleration in all immigration. I think Gingrich is about 70 million low in his estimate if he fails to include the legal immigrants that must be cleared before present illegals get a place in line.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)