My Dear Fellow South Carolinians,

We did not have as many individuals as we had hoped to attend the House GOP Caucus on Tuesday at 11:00 AM. But about 20 of us who showed up made an impact. It worked out that we scattered ourselves in small groups and made sure that House members were aware of what we wanted. We all walked away with the same observation: the House wants to do what is right, regardless of what has transpired in the past.

I was walking behind four House members and overheard one say, "I can't go home and face my voters if we don't pass this thing." I immediately introduced myself, gave them my card, and suggested that they visit my website for any information that they need on this topic. They seemed appreciative. What worried me, though, is how little they know about this issue and the bills. I had to explain details of the bill and the huge impact it could have if they made the changes necessary to put real teeth into this. They were receptive.

One person that seems to be cavalier about immigration is Gloria Arias-Haskins, Ms. Hispanic Caucus - SC. Given her history, I don't think we need to waste space here acknowledging anything Gloria. She is an embarrassment to her late husband and to the Republican Party. She is an embarrassment to those of us Americans of Spanish Heritage.

Given the back and forth volleying that has transpired since January, let's hope that the House does what they promised us on Tuesday: To Remove the Flawed SC-Verify (SC I-9) and fix the penalty portion of the bill so that it can withstand legal challenge.

I must give Speaker Bobby Harrell credit for what he did this past weekend. In order to know what he was talking about, Harrell decided to run all of his employees through the E-Verify system. He was pleasantly surprised at the ease of use and the efficiency of the process. He told House members that it just took a couple of minutes. Could not the senate had done a demonstration for those who had doubts? Of course they could. But they won't. The Senate is not interested in the truth.

Should the House pass their version of H3032 today, then the bill goes to the Senate for an UP-DOWN Vote. I believe that this has to be a roll call vote, but with "Mendacious Mac" in charge there is no telling if they will do that. If the Senate rejects the House language, then off to committee it goes and probably will die a slow death.

If the Senate wants to put their votes where their mouth is, they will pass this legislation when the House fixes this bill. The finger pointing must stop, as illegals are running around our state as if they owned it!

Monday, I received confirmation from national immigration attorneys of what we knew already: A state or municipality cannot impose civil or criminal penalties on an employer for hiring illegal aliens. This is clear in the Arizona Court Decision (click here to get your copy of the AZ US Court Decision). They can take the employer's license away, which is the best penalty.

After receiving several copies of Glenn "Mendacious Mac" McConnell's response to those of you that inquired about what had happened, I felt honor bound to respond in kind. Did I not have to do this recently with Jim Ritchie's letter? Can you see a pattern of deceit here?

Please click here to read my response to "Mendacious Mac's" letter to the public

The lies continue. "180-Jim" Ritchie was on The Tony Beam show continuing his lies. We continue to have senators putting out literature about how they support the fight against illegal aliens. By the way they sound, one would think there were actually 26 of them to vote for cloture, which we know is not true. To those who tell you that McConnell snowed them, you need to call them and tell them to stand up and be counted. Tell them to hold a press conference in Columbia and to repeat to the media what they are telling the people in their district. Or ask them to put this in writing. I will post their names and letter on this website. But, don't hold your breath. However, please do call them on it. If they are really serious about what they told you "Mendacious Mac" did to them, then they should have no problem telling the whole world, right? Remember that Jim Ritchie promised the Minutemen that he would deliver a roll call vote. Did that happen? I think NOT! We were willing to give "180 Jim" the benefit of the doubt, but he betrayed us one more time. Never again!

Email House Members Today

Watch The House Online Beginning at 10:00 AM

WE DON'T NEED A SOUTH CAROLINA VERIFY FORM! THIS WILL NOT BE AN ELECTRONIC VERIFICATION SYSTEM. THIS WILL BE A PAPER FORM, JUST LIKE THE FEDERAL I-9 AND WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS THAT IT HAS. IT SHOULD BE CALLED SC I-9 FORM

WHAT YOU MUST DO TODAY: As soon as you read this, you must make your phone calls and emails to your House member first and then as many others as you can. If you don't read this until after 10:00 AM, use your emails. All the House members have a laptop in front of them.

Ask Them To Vote Take "SC-Verify" And The Proposed Monetary Penalties Out Of H3032!

PLEASE BE READY TO E-MAIL & MAKE PHONE CALLS

TO HOUSE MEMBERS IN COLUMBIA TODAY!

Click Here for Current Senate Calendar Click Here for Current Senate Journal

Click Here for Current House Calendar Click Here for Current House Journal

THIS IS OUR LAST CHANCE

TO PASS REAL IMMIGRATION REFORM THIS YEAR!

It is imperative that as soon as you read this message you call and e-mail your REPRESENTATIVE or ALL REPRESENTATIVES. Through your persistence we will prevail. Speaker Harrell appears to be willing to work with us. Let's make sure he does. This is an opportunity that won't happen again until 2010. South Carolina cannot afford to wait two more years, or in the senate's case, four more years.

We must prevail or South Carolina will fail!

Please Also Call and/or email your legislator by clicking here: (Find Your Legislator ).

OR You Can Go To: TargetOC.org/sc To Email As Many Legislators As you Want!

You may want to cut and paste the emails from ALL House members and All Senate Members into your personal account in case the legislators are ignoring the emails coming from TargetOC. Remember that some internet service providers only allow a maximum of 50 emails at one time. So for the house you will have to send three emails to get to all 124 members. For the senate, there are only 46. Just click on the links below:

Click Here to Copy and Paste All Senators Email Addresses

Click Here to Copy and Paste All House Members Email Addresses

Be persuasive and professional. If you have information that you wish to share with them e-mail it to them or fax it to them. Call their Columbia office and ask for their fax number.

PLEASE LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD TODAY AND EVERY DAY! IT'S TIME TO TELL OUR LEGISLATORS THAT WE ARE FED UP WITH THE STATUS QUO, FED UP WITH WATERED-DOWN, WEAK LEGISLATION, FED-UP WITH THEIR DOUBLE-SPEAK, AND FED UP WITH THE HUGE FINANCIAL AND SOCIAL IMPACT THAT ILLEGAL ALIENS ARE HAVING ON OUR STATE!

THE MOMENTUM HAS SHIFTED TO THE PEOPLE'S SIDE

YOUR E-MAILS AND CALLS WILL HELP US KEEP IT THERE!

Sincerely,

Roan Garcia-Quintana
Executive Director
Americans Have Had Enough Coalition

Coalition For A Traditional America
http://americanshavehadenough.org

Voice: 864.918.4852

HOW TO GET YOUR OWN COPIES OF SC CANDIDATES AND ELECTED