Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South Carolina Senate is Betraying the Citizens

I read a story at ALIPAC this past week that said SC Senate passes strongest illegal immigration bill in the nation. I knew for a fact that it was wrong because the SC Senate is composed of a bunch of spineless cowards, including Senator Jim Ritchie. The following article is written by Roan Garcia-Quintana, he has more knowledge about the illegal immigration legislation in South Carolina that any other citizen or our politicians. Roan is in the SC Statehouse more that a lot of our politicians are and the words he writes speaks the truth about Jim Ritchie and all the rest. My own belief is that the illegal immigration legislation being discussed in our congress is going to go down in flames because of our two-faced politicians. Read the following----

My Dear Fellow South Carolinians,
    I hate to tell you that the Senate is the main culprit behind these games. Whether Jim Ritchie is a puppet for the lobby groups or whether Senate President Pro-Tempore Glenn McConnell is calling the shots and also is beholden to big business, the bottom line is that Ritchie will not stand up to his "colleagues" in this incestuous chamber that we call the State Senate. I don't think Ritchie knows where he stands. He still refuses to out his "colleagues" in the senate who are betraying the people. Thanks to the Farm Bureau's press release last month, we know that Republican Senator Harvey Peeler is one of the traitors. I will do what I can to find out who else is betraying us. But Senator Ritchie, who is the chair of this conference committee, has shown no leadership in this process whatsoever. Ladies and Gentlemen, I must submit to you that we must replace every single senator in South Carolina that has primary opposition. If they have general election opposition only, then
    we should replace them in November. Our number one goal should be to defeat as many incumbents as possible in both the SC Senate and the SC House and the US Congress and US Senate.
    If incumbents are running unopposed, we should find petition candidates to run against them. The deadline for getting the needed signatures to run as an independent is in July. Please contact your county election commission.
    We cannot afford to let up on our phone calls. We cannot let up on our emails (see instructions below).
    From the reports that I received Wednesday afternoon, the Chamber of Commerce placed cards on each senators' and house members' desk stating that removing the I-9 provision was "not business friendly." Additionally, lobbyists for the SC Farm Bureau Federation were pressuring legislators not to take out the I-9 provisions. Folks, we have a real serious problem here. Who is in charge of our senators and house members? To whom are they listening? Who do they represent?

Could it be that our senators are taking a page from the US Senate, when a few senators allowed the US Chamber of Commerce, LaRaza, the Farm Bureau Federation and other lobbyists to dictate to them what to do. Were there only senators present at this "executive session?" THIS IS WRONG FOR US! DO SENATORS THINK THAT THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAW? A rhetorical question...
    It is imperative that as soon as you read this message you call and e-mail your legislators or all legislators. Through your persistence we will prevail. Senators are feeling the heat, particularly those who have primary or general election opposition. This is an opportunity that won't happen again until 2010. South Carolina cannot afford to wait two more years, or in the senate's case, four more years.
    We must prevail or South Carolina will fail!
    Please Also Call and/or email your legislator by clicking here: (Find Your Legislator ).
    OR You Can Go To: TargetOC.org/sc To Email As Many Legislators As you Want!

Go to this link below to see the rest of Illegal Immigration news etc..

http://americanshavehadenough.org/links3wednesday.htm
    Roan Garcia-Quintana

I'll be Damned . Just last week i wrote Ritchie a letter thanking him for "Standing Up !" .
    Good thing your rebuttal is posted up . Now maybe we know the Truth . I will write Mr.Ritchie again and reword my text a little
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I am so sick and tired of this run around that ALL politicians give us about this debate.