Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Southern Poverty Law Center: STOP GUEST WORKER ABUSE

Well now, another little trick to increase their lobbying efforts for AMNESTY en toto.

Southern Poverty Law Center
    Petition to Stop Guestworker Abuse
    Sign our petition and help stop the virtual enslavement and abuse of guestworkers.

Dear Friend,

I know you believe in the American ideals of fairness and human dignity, and that you would be appalled at the way tens of thousands of foreign "guestworkers" are being systematically exploited in a government-sanctioned program that many describe as modern-day slavery.

These are the workers, mostly poor Latinos, who are lured here by U.S. businesses with promises of decent jobs only to be cheated out of their wages; forced to live in squalid conditions; and denied medical benefits for injuries. If the workers complain, they face deportation, blacklisting and other forms of retaliation.

"We had no electricity. The first week we were not paid. The second week we were paid $70."
    — Mexican H-2B worker

"El patron would put a lock on the gate where our trailers were. After a time, they would not let us communicate with other people."
    — Mexican H-2A tomato worker

"I felt like an animal without claws — defenseless. It is the same as slavery."
    — Dominican H-2B hotel worker

The exploitation of these workers is one of the most important human rights issues of our time. It says a lot about the state of fairness in our democracy — and about corporate values in our country.

We've documented the abuses in a new report — Close to Slavery: Guestworker Programs in the United States — and are filing lawsuits against the most abusive employers.

But there is an ominous cloud on the horizon.

Right now, President Bush and many in Congress are pushing to create a vast new pool of temporary foreign workers. This will only cause more suffering and injustice — and it will undermine the rights and wages of American workers as well.

As a nation, we must fix our broken immigration system. But we must not condone a program that abuses and enslaves poor workers from other countries who are lured under false pretenses.

Congress has the opportunity to right this terrible wrong. But lawmakers will act only if the American people speak out strongly against this moral outrage.

You can make a difference. Please sign our petition to stop guestworker abuse. We'll make sure the president and the appropriate Members of Congress receive it.

Your commitment to justice and acceptance is so important to us. Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MORE PROPAGANDA!!!They are like thiefs in the night, just want everyting they can get out of the American Taxpayer , I myself am sick of the sob stories. Let the corporations pay all their bills since they are lureing them here

Come on everyone lets get our voices heard, time to get involved, calls, faxes e-mails and post at this link and let everyone know what you are hearing. Lets let congress know what real Americans Want!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=363412

Check out Operation Bring it Home also and get your home towns involved!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=63288
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I can't read anything put out by the SPLC without a bottleEmitrol handy.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And where is their concern for AMERICAN WORKERS that are being abused in far greater numbers than the illegals.

SPLC, sit down and shut up. You have no credibility in the eyes of the public anymore due to constant abuses like this tripe posted above.

Oh no, I just disagreed with the SPLC! Does that make me a racist? They are the authority on that you know lol

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    And where is their concern for AMERICAN WORKERS that are being abused in far greater numbers than the illegals.

SPLC, sit down and shut up. You have no credibility in the eyes of the public anymore due to constant abuses like this tripe posted above.

Oh no, I just disagreed with the SPLC! Does that make me a racist? They are the authority on that you know lol

W
    W, I thought la raza was the authority on who is racist and who isn't!
    Remember, we are all racists because we want our laws enforced.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

From a pure political point of view, any issue that creates a wedge in the opposition is an area we can potentially exploit to our advantage.

The fact that there are significant factions in the opposition that won't support the current bill because of : GW programs, Chain Migration, etc. - are points where we can focus on and use to stop the current bill.

Remember: that there are folks on the left and right that don't support these provisions - but for varying reasons.

I've got a better idea. Let's stop the SPLC.