Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Spanish Graduation Speech Enrages Community

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southBronx View Post
    well it should have been said In English this is not mexico . it In our Country so it should have been
    said in English . Im so sick of obama & this other one that want to be President he just as Bad as obama
    you don't see this
    why one On the street could do a better job
    No amnesty or Dream act
    Right on the money. Romney has always lived in a whole different world and has never had to deal with the language barriers that come with living on the street like the rest of us. Which is why he'll never make "English as the official language" a main campaigning point during the general election. His given up on that ever since he decided to run Spanish language ads. If he were to flip flop on that, he knows Obama would point to his ads.

I think there is a possibilty that Saul Tello is an anchor baby. The fact that he did the speech in Spanish is a possible indication that his family hasn't been here that long. Some Hispanic teenagers whose families have been in the U.S. for three generations or more wouldn't do stuff like that. Illegals and legal immigrants who have to ties to countries like Mexico, El Salvador, and Guatamala believing in speaking Spanish most of the time in public. Hispanics with ties to places like Cuba, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Chile and few other South American countries focus on speaking English in public and at jobs and schools. I know a family that immigrated from Argentina. This family does speak Spanish at home and gatherings but when it comes to work, school, and being out in public they speak English.

Some Hispanics whose families have been in the U.S. for 300 to 400 years also believe in speaking English in public and they do want English to be declared as an official language. I think learning different languages is a good thing, but when it comes down to it an official language is needed. I have relatives in northern California and they mentioned attending several graduations in which the valedictorians or salutatorians are Asian. Those students delivered their speeches in English and not Chinese, Japanese, or other Asian languages. The parents and grandparents of those students are the types of immigrants that should be praised.

Jessie Ceja, the principal at Orestimba High School in Newman, Calif., said the valedictorian had earned the right to deliver the speech any way he saw fit.
    English is the offical language for California.

The parents who did NOT speak Spanglish were held CAPTIVE.

The only reason they did not get up and walk out was because they poured their blood sweat and tears into their ENGLISH SPEAKING AMERICAN CITIZEN students for EIGHTEEN YEARS, and refused to be denied the privilege of seeing them graduate from high school by a LaRaza prince. ..
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I went to a bilingual(English-spanish) baccalaureate in my town a few years ago. It was a big pain in the you know what and took forever. People really got irritated-I even saw eyes rolling during it. One of the speakers was even trying to teach us non spanish speakers a few words in spanish. Grrrrr!

It is an honor and a pleasure to stand before you as valedictorian of the class of 2012, and the student with the highest grade point average in our class of 173.
    I hated the way Saul had to brag that he had the highest grade point average in the class at the beginning of the speech. I've never seen that done before. Is this a California thing or a reconquista thing? Most(if not all) valedictorians don't feel the need to say anything about their grade point averages and are just proud of the honor they've been given.
    Last edited by Mayday; 06-14-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added quote

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday View Post
    I went to a bilingual(English-spanish) baccalaureate in my town a few years ago. It was a big pain in the you know what and took forever. People really got irritated-I even saw eyes rolling during it. One of the speakers was even trying to teach us non spanish speakers a few words in spanish. Grrrrr!

I hated the way Saul had to brag that he had the highest grade point average in the class at the beginning of the speech. I've never seen that done before. Is this a California thing or a reconquista thing? Most(if not all) valedictorians don't feel the need to say anything about their grade point averages and are just proud of the honor they've been given.
    I hated the way he had to bring up his GPA, there was no need for it. I don't think it California or reconquista thing. Saul just wanted to brag it wasn't needed, most people understand the valedictorian often has the highest GPA.

Check out the Stole. Didn't notice that before but it certainly makes a LaRaza statement . JMO
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    There are millions like us out there, and hundreds on this website who are not happy with Romney nor Obama because they're good for nothing, two-faced politicians. We need to spread the message. If we the voters can throw this election upside down by doing what you suggest, the media would have no choice but to pay attention to us and the parties would completely freak out.
    I'm in and will suggest to many that they do it or consider it, I will assume that you are doing it. This is the type of protest that we may not see it sprout, but we may see it grown. It is the type of thing that people will talk about with others, and coiuld take off. Likely, most will do it without admitting it, and that is OK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12