The next U.S. national team coach isn't expected to be named until November, and U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati isn't offering any clues . But one thing we do know - he will speak Spanish either when he gets the job, or shortly thereafter.
And that makes perfect sense, considering the enormous Hispanic soccer fan base in this country.
Gulati, appearing at the Honda Symposium last week in Los Angeles, stressed the importance of a Spanish speaking coach, and said the federation will go out of its way in the next four years to target Hispanic players who might be falling through the cracks. He also said he wants more Hispanic members on his executive board.
"I don't think that you can have a very successful soccer federation without the involvement of the Hispanic community," Gulati said. "It is a very large community, it is a passionate community about the game, and we need to make sure that we do things that make our teams, our programs, what the federation does and our national team attractive for the Hispanic community."

The rest of the article talks about hopeful prospects for the coach's position.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/soccer/

I think that this is a waste of time as the Hispanics will cheer for their native land as they always seem to do. One example is baseball. When they had a world series for different countries the majority of Cubans in Miami cheered for Cuba. As for soccer, when they have international games the U.S. never play a South American team in Miami. This gives me reason to believe that it due to the fact that they would cheer for the South American team.
Another interesting fact is that only 7 countries have won the World Cup since it began in the 1930s:
England and France both won once,
Argentina and Uraguay both won twice,
Germany won three times,
Italy won 4 times, and
Brazil won 5 times.
I know that they speak Portuegese in Brazil and not Spanish so to me they are not Hispanic.