Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Speier: I absolutely believe Trump made up Comey tapes

Speier: I absolutely believe Trump made up Comey tapes

By Max Greenwood
    06/20/17 09:01 PM EDT

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) on Tuesday rejected the notion that President Trump recorded Oval Office conversations with former FBI Director James Comey, saying that he "loves to create drama."

When asked by CNN's Erin Burnett if she thought Trump had simply fabricated the idea of recordings, Speier deadpanned, "I absolutely do."

The California Democrat said that Trump had continued to propagate the idea of Oval Office tapes in order to create drama and anticipation, but would ultimately announce that no such recordings exist.

"You either have tapes or you don't have tapes, and you should be able to admit that to the American people. I find his lack of trustworthiness really problematic," Speier said.

"We went from 'no-drama-Obama' to drama every 10 seconds in this administration. It's really bringing our government to a halt because we can't do our work when we're constantly responding to the most recent tweet."

Trump first suggested that he may have recordings of his conversations with Comey in May, amid news reports that Trump had asked the former top cop for a pledge of loyalty.

Since then, Trump and his top aides have refused to say whether there are actually recordings of the interactions. At a news conference earlier this month, the president said that he could reveal "in the very near future" whether such tapes exist.

"I'll tell you about that maybe sometime in the very near future," Trump said. "I'll tell you about it over a very short period of time."

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/33...up-comey-tapes
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

When asked by CNN's Erin Burnett if she thought Trump had simply fabricated the idea of recordings, Speier deadpanned, "I absolutely do."
    LOL!! Well, no shiite Sherlock. It was so obvious to anyone who understands plan English. It was worm bait to catch a big fat leaking fish, and boy did it work.

Comey is the INTEL leaker. Caught red-handed, with its gills open, on tape, under oath.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn