Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Spitzer backtracks!

From the New York Post today:

GOV NEEDS YEAR TO FIX ID WRECK
    By KENNETH LOVETT in Albany and GEOFF EARLE in Washington

October 28, 2007 -- Gov. Spitzer yesterday announced an indefinite delay in his heavily criticized plan to grant driver's licenses to illegal aliens as the state develops a three-tiered licensing system that will be acceptable to the federal government.

Note: there is a related story (on the right side) "Alien License Plan hits PotHole" about the DMV's testing the scanning equipment...which failed.

Link: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10282007/ne ... _wreck.htm

w00t!

i think that will give us a year to deport!

Spitzer Tries New Tack on Immigrant Licenses

ALBANY, Oct. 27 — In a major shift, Gov. Eliot Spitzer is backing off his plan to allow illegal immigrants to obtain the same kind of driver’s licenses as other New Yorkers, after weeks of furor over the proposal.

Instead, the governor said on Saturday, illegal immigrants in the state would be able to obtain a license that would permit them to drive but would not be accepted as identification to board planes or cross borders.

Other New Yorkers who can prove that they are legal residents of the United States would be eligible for federally recognized ID cards. These would serve as driver’s licenses and would be accepted as identification for a number of purposes, including boarding planes and entering federal facilities.

The move followed a wave of criticism over the governor’s proposal, with many Democrats warning that Mr. Spitzer had put the state party in political peril. The new plan also reflects the increasingly complicated security requirements that have been developed by the federal government since the Sept. 11 attacks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/28/nyreg ... er.html?hp
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

While the OP story makes this sound good, the details actually reveal that his plan is only a minor lesser step from the total disaster initially planned.

Instead, the governor said on Saturday, illegal immigrants in the state would be able to obtain a license that would permit them to drive but would not be accepted as identification to board planes or cross borders
    Once an illegal person gains de facto legitimacy via a legit government issued 'core' identification document (Driver's Licenses and SSNs primarily)... then there are few things that person cannot do while inside the US. The door is essentially wide open to them almost anything else a citizen can do.

Mr. Governor, even your 'revised' plan is very wrong.

Example: http://hotair.com/archives/2006/05/17/connect-the-dots/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now if Illinois would take the hint. There is talk that they are going to bring back voting for driving certificates for illegal aliens. They tried awhile back and got so many calls that it was not voted on.

Will they actually try again?!

I will post information later today for anyone interested in contacting senators to state their position. I know there are a number of Illinoisans.

don't we suspect that the delay means this idea will gather dust on a shelf...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Once a traitor always a traitor !

If we don't get them out or at least cripple their agenda to destroy this nation until we can get them out or we will lose .

We need to fight with everything we have .

Everyone can't get in their face but some here can . I will be one of these because I am burnt out on phones where they have the power to insult,hang up or keep me on hold . Others can call ,fax,and email because thats very important way of fighting . I too will continue to call at times . I tell everyone about this site I know and some may be joining ALIPAC soon to help with calls, emails and faxes .

GOV NEEDS YEAR TO FIX ID WRECK
    KENNETH LOVETT in Albany and GEOFF EARLE in Washington

Gov. Spitzer yesterday announced an indefinite delay in his heavily criticized plan to grant driver’s licenses to illegal aliens as the state develops a three-tiered licensing system that will be acceptable to the federal government.

At a Washington news conference, Spitzer said the wait will bring New Yorkers “the most secure licensing system in the nationâ€

The biggest travesty and blatant disresect of our laws is the head of Homeland secuity assisting the governor of NY in aiding, abetting and horboring illegal aliens by giveing them a NY drivers license.

While states are deporting illegals for not having identification, which gives them cause to do immigration checks and deport then , that will be the end of that once they have a drivers license, this is so pathetic, and another way around enforceing the laws!!

------------ACTION ALERT! ---------Monday...10/29
    ACTIVIST...."AG'S JOB BILL RAISES IT'S UGLY HEAD AGAIN" PLEASE MAKE CALLS, E-MAILS AND FAXES!!
    NOW!!!
    Link to action thread!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-88376.html
    Contact Info...Senators, Representatives & USEFUL INFORMATION
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=384761
    PLEASE HELP KEEP ALIPAC AFLOAT: ALL DONATIONS APPRECIATED!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Lemme see if I got this right ... I would have to PAY EVEN MORE to get the ID card that proves I'm a citizen??

Who do I smack?
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth