Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SPLC Takes a Swipe at ALIPAC and Misses!

The Nativists Page 9

Gheen.
    William Gheen
    William Gheen, 39
    Raleigh, N.C.

The website of the influential political action committee Americans for Legal Immigration, commonly known as ALI-PAC, contains a list of "Gheen-isms," folksy nativist aphorisms from ALI-PAC founder William Gheen. Here's one example: "Call me old fashioned, but people should be able to shop at Wal-Mart without worrying about catching [t]uberculosis."

Gheen quit his job as a legislative assistant to North Carolina Sen. Hugh Webster (R-Alamance County) in April 2005 to form ALI-PAC in order to fight against the passage of House Bill 1138, which would have allowed certain non-citizens to qualify for in-state tuition rates at publicly funded North Carolina colleges and universities. Gheen disparagingly and falsely referred to the "Access to Higher Education and A Better Economic Future Act" as "in-state tuition for illegal aliens."

Lie Count: 4 Wrong founding date for ALIPAC. Wrong founding purpose for ALIPAC. Wrong description of employment status change. Wrong date of employment change from Webster Office.

FALSE: William Gheen did not quit the job with Senator Webster in April 2005 to fight HB 1183. ALIPAC was formed as a national organization on 9/11/2004. I took a temporary leave of absence from my job with Senator Webster to lobby against and defeat HB 1183 and returned to my post two weeks later. I did not quit my job with Senator Webster until April of 2006 when I decided to concentrate exclusively on ALIPAC.

The bill was only sought to grant in-state tuition to immigrants who had graduated from high school after attending four consecutive years of public school in North Carolina and who supplied a sworn affidavit showing they were in the country legally and had applied for citizenship.

Lie Count: 1 HB 1183 did not require legal presence in the US.

FALSE: HB 1183 did not require illegal aliens to supply a sworn affidavit showing they were in the country legally.

By the time Gheen and his misinformation machine were finished, however, many North Carolina lawmakers and journalists, let alone average residents, were convinced the proposed law would instantly offer in-state tuition to any Mexican who hopped the border.

As a result, daily newspapers and TV stations began asking misleading poll questions. CBS affiliate WRAL Channel 5 News queried people about "a bill that would give children of illegal immigrants in-state tuition." The Wilmington Star asked readers, "Should children of illegal immigrants get in-state tuition rates at N.C. colleges?" without mentioning the necessary qualifications or that children born on U.S. soil are automatically citizens under the U.S. Constitution. The polls skewed heavily against the bill, and in the end it was soundly defeated.

Lie Count: 1 HB 1183 was not directed at children born on US soil as citizens.

FALSE: The reason ALIPAC and most major news sources used the term "in-state tuition for illegal aliens is because HB 1183 would grant in state tuition for illegal aliens. This was not because of any misinformation campaign and it is ludicrous to assert that our major papers, talk radio shows, and WRAL would all be wrong about this.

Since his initial victory, Gheen has gone on national media outlets including CNN, FOX and National Public Radio to launch preemptive strikes against any bill or ordinance that he perceives as sympathetic to immigrants, and to support laws proposed to deny public benefits to immigrants, to empower local police to arrest Latinos on federal immigration charges, and to fine anyone who employs an undocumented immigrant. He even pressed for a Senate bill to fund a study of buying buses to deport immigrants in massive numbers.

Lie Count 2: Gheen never pushed for enforcement against Latinos. Never pressed for a Senate bill to buy buses, only asked to comment once on a particular bill by a reporter.

ALI-PAC is supported by the Federation for American Immigration Reform, recently designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project, and allied with various Minuteman factions.

Lie Count 1: ALIPAC has never been supported by FAIR.

FALSE: ALIPAC receives no support from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) and never has. Also, FAIR is not a hate group. The SPLC is full of bull crap.

"The rallying cry is: Illegals Go Home!' Gheen declares on the ALI-PAC website. "No corporate propaganda will change the fact that most Americans do not want to surrender or capitulate to the lawless masses rushing into our nation."

Darn, I thought the SPLC was more skillful than this. They completely botched this attack piece. It will be easy to eat them alive for putting this out since the piece contains so many easily provable false statements. I do like the quotes at the beginning and the end and they did get this part right... "The influential political action committee Americans for Legal Immigration, commonly known as ALI-PAC" That's right babies, you got that right!

SPLC Hit piece source

http://www.splcenter(dot)org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?pid=1524
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now I'm really jealous! They gave Chelene Nightingale a better write up than me! I'm calling her now to give her an ear full for getting better props from the SPLC than me.

http://www.splcenter(dot)org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?pid=1530

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The SPLC uses these false reports to raise money. I would consider that false advertising. I think as punishment and comensation they should give a percentage of the money they raised using these tactics to ALIPAC!

April
    Darn, I thought the SPLC was more skillful than this. They completely botched this attack piece. It will be easy to eat them alive for putting this out since the piece contains so many easily provable false statements.
    Yep, they are like all the other idiots , opening their mouths and spewing lies without a thought to what the real truth is, and like all the others it will be their downfall.

What propaganda, anyone who apposes illegal immigration is anti immigrant? I don’t see the connection and they call themselves law center, what part of illegal don’t they understand?
    Where are the hate groups like mecha, and our federal funded la raza(10.7 million) on there site?
    The only reason Americans aren’t well informed on the invasion is because it not told in the media, we only know a fraction of the crime committed by illegal’s and it staggering.
    <div>Do your job and enforce the law!
    Many thanks to the young that have served our country, and to those of you that have lost, we all owe you, thank you</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    The SPLC uses these false reports to raise money. I would consider that false advertising. I think as punishment and comensation they should give a percentage of the money they raised using these tactics to ALIPAC!
    SPLC stands for: Stupid Pathetic Liberal Creeps. These supposed lawyers most of been educated at Yale - Scull & Bones. I would love to see some lawyers show some brains and courage for a refreshing change.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

SPLC = Senseless Propaganda Lacking Credibility

added to the homepage with the following note and title

SPLC Takes a Swipe at ALIPAC and Misses! 9 documented lies!

ALIPAC NOTE: The following is the SPLC hit piece on William Gheen of ALIPAC. They claim that William Gheen is one of the 20 most influential 'nativists' in the nation. Please see our notes documenting 9 lies in this propaganda piece.

http://www.alipac.us/article3024.html

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    William G.,
    Besides the video response, have you sent a letter to the SPLC in response to that attack letter?
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by wilro
    William G.,
    Besides the video response, have you sent a letter to the SPLC in response to that attack letter?
    The video response is a joke of mine. Ive pulled it off the main piece.

Here it is

VIDEO: William Gheen responding to the news from the SPLC

"I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, your name in print, that makes people! I'm in print. Things are going to start happening to me now."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt7eLe8RBJQ&NR=1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast