Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Spoke with a Congressional hopeful this evening - Republican

He was in attendance at our Back to School night, which was nice. I found out he was running as a Republican, so I wanted to bend his ear a bit on immigration.

What I found to my surprise were that his views were slight more left than mine. He was for closing the borders and enforcing the laws, but was also of the opinion that we just can't deport ALL 12 million, that it was not "realistic." and that we needed the labor because Americans are just getting too "spoiled" to do their own work, etc. He also, interestingly, was MORE in favor of kicking out the H-1B (?) visa folks who he felt were a more serious concern than the lower skilled workers we see coming from the south.

He went on to say that he felt we should attempt to get them "documented" but that would not ever guarantee citizenship for them. That they would essentially remain a guest worker, (what, like forever?) I asked if he thought they should receive "services" after that, and he said no. We didn't really have time to discuss exactly how as a government, we would enforce such a situation.

So, what I learned was that even though he is a Republican candidate running against a very liberal rep here in the N. Va area, (Jim Moran-D) his views are still quite a bit left of my own, and what I feel is the view of many Americans that amnesty is amnesty and that "feeding the machine" as he said, is NOT going to fix the problem.

I wanted to talk with him some more, but, as is the usual for a busy parent, I had one dragging me away by the leg, and one that needed to be picked up from school. So, I really didn't get the chance to express my views to him face to face.

I have his email, and will write him. It is interesting that he also serves as Vice President of Virginia Commerce Bank. His name is Mark Ellmore.

Perhaps some of us here can write Mr. Ellmore and educate him or at least persuade him to shift a bit farther to the right on immigration -- or, perhaps I should say, not right, but a bit further towards supporting AMERICA over big business and cheap labor. He is at: www.markellmore08.com.

The moral of the story is . . . we WILL have many challengers to our incumbents who SAY they are against illegal immigration. But press them, make them clarify their views and find out EXACTLY how they feel about it, how they feel about deportation, etc. Many may not be the kind of candidates we're looking for, even though they say they are "tough" on immigration. In other words, with many of these guys, we will STILL get amnesty in some shape or form.

jjmm,
    If you ever comunicate with this candidate again, tell him we don't have to "round up and deport all 12 million." As you know, this is a diversionary tactic often used by pro-amnesty Republicans such as McCain.

The the most effective and efficient solution is by attrition through enforcement: basically enforce our laws, cut off the benefits etc. and they will go home on their own. A more detailed explanation here:

http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/attrition.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the info, Populist -- any other info with which I can arm myself is great.

I mean, I'd give anything to see Moran ousted, but not to put in a pro amnesty wolf-in-sheeps clothing. I mean, who needs it? We need congressional representatives who will represent AMERICANS, not their big business buddies who rely on the cheap labor.

Sorry, Mr. Ellmore, but you revealed your comments to me this evening, and they were very telling.

Yea, let's create a permanent underclass of people.
    Like that's gonna make it better..NOT.
    Isn't this what made the Muslims in France riot?

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    jjmm,
    If you ever comunicate with this candidate again, tell him we don't have to "round up and deport all 12 million." As you know, this is a diversionary tactic often used by pro-amnesty Republicans such as McCain.

The the most effective and efficient solution is by attrition through enforcement: basically enforce our laws, cut off the benefits etc. and they will go home on their own. A more detailed explanation here:

http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/attrition.html
    Couldn't this make things get much worse before they get better? In terms of more crime, etc?