Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STARBUCK'S

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I live in the East County of San Diego. This is a sanctuary city for illegal aliens. And I live in a part of San Diego where the majority of illegal aliens live and work.

I apologize if I sounded bigotted. As Dixie said, it was more stereotyping. When I walk into an establishment, and I encounter an Hispanic employee who speaks little or no English...what else am I supposed to think?

But I'll watch this type of attitude in the future. I realize that it CAN be construed as racist, and that's not where I'm coming from. The whole point of my post was to point out that there are businesses who employ low-skilled workers without relying on illegal aliens to do the job. And I was trying to point out why.

Guess I didn't make my point too well. Sorry.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

JAK
    By the way getting back to STARBUCKS... I hate to burst the bubble, but can't let it go...

http://www.nclr.org/section/corporate_p ... s_program/

Corporate Partners Program
    The National Council of La Raza invites corporations large and small and Hispanic entrepreneurs to join in its mission to empower current and future generations of Hispanic Americans.

We encourage individual Hispanic entrepreneurs to become an NCLR partner as well. Partners like you have firsthand knowledge of the hard work and dedication it takes to achieve the American Dream. We would deeply appreciate your involvement in our institution and welcome your membership participation.

Amerada Hess Corporation
    American Airlines
    Anheuser-Busch Companies
    AstraZeneca International
    AT&T
    Azteca Foods, Inc.
    Bridgestone/Firestone Trust Fund
    Catholic Healthcare West
    Caterpillar Foundation
    Cardinal Health
    Chevron Corporation
    ConAgra Foods, Inc.
    Coors Brewing Company
    The Cummins Foundation
    DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund
    Eastman Kodak Company
    ExxonMobil Corporation
    Fannie Mae
    Greenberg Traurig, LLP
    Guaranty Bank
    Hallmark Cards, Inc.
    Harrah's Entertainment
    Johnson & Johnson
    The Kroger Co.
    McDonald’s Corporation
    Merck/Schering-Plough Pharmaceuticals
    MetLife Foundation
    MGM Mirage
    Morgan Stanley
    Mortgage Insurance Company
    Qwest Communications
    Sallie Mae
    Schneider National, Inc.
    Sears, Roebuck and Co.
    Sodexho
    Starbucks Corporation
    Time Warner
    Washington Mutual, Inc.
    Wilmer Cutler Pickering, LLP
    Xerox Corporation

For all inquiries about corporate partnership with NCLR, contact:
    Carmen Miller
    Tel: (202) 785-1670
    Email: cmiller@nclr.org

Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've got my own beef with STARBUCKS. They are a contributer to LA RAZA (THE RACE) AKA RACIST ORGANIZATION.

I will never buy coffee from Starbucks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Great way to determine if your coffee or food is being prepared by someone who's health you can trust? Make your own, we do.

With all of the constant health scares in the food prep industry, it is to Americans advantage to prepare their own food, then they at the very least know the prep work and cooking was done by clean hands on clean surface, then if you get sick, you know it is from your own carelessness, not someone else's.

As for Starbucks, overall, they are quite picky about their employees, about everything. I am unsure why they either do not have Spanish speaking applicants, or if they are not accepted as their accent may be too heavy, and with the fast prep work Starbucks expects, it may become a huge hindrance for their fast pace.

My daughter applied, and said they have a group interview, and out of that come the most perky, outgoing and the ones who are the best communicators, who get to the second level of interviews. So right there may be where anyone with minimal English skills would get passed by.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I've got my own beef with STARBUCKS. They are a contributer to LA RAZA (THE RACE) AKA RACIST ORGANIZATION.

I will never buy coffee from Starbucks.
    A friend of mine calls them four bucks cause everything cost four bucks. It's awfull expensive coffee and I stopped going there a while ago to offset what I have to spend on gas now, I think the gas station coffee is better than starbucks and it doesn't cost four bucks. So now i'm glad I don't go there any more since they are a supporter of La Raza.

The absolute fact is that there are MANY MORE illegal mexicans and hispanics in our country now than there are legal one's.

Absolute fact.

They can cry all they want but if Iran or any other country in the world were overrun by illegal Americans, as we are being overrun, all Americans would be under suspicion of immigration offenses and rightfully so. Would the latinos call it racial stereotyping then? I doubt it.

The illegals overrunning our country with their low(est) class mentality and culture will give latinos a bad name for as long as there are latinos in our country. Americans hate them for a reason, just as the middle east hates Americans for our culture.

If latinos would stop crying about the injustices being perpetrated against their illegal brethren (enforcing existing U.S. laws) and start acting like they are able to function in someone else's country with a modicum of class, they may be able to turn this thing around and be considered American someday? Otherwise they will get what they deserve and be reviled for as long as they forcibly inhabit OUR country or support the one's that do.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: STARBUCK'S

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I was wondering if any of you know the story with Starbuck's. We have a zillion of them here in San Diego (and I'm a frequent customer ), and one thing I noticed, is that I've never seen a Latino employee in any of the Starbuck's, much less an illegal alien.

With just about every other eating or drinking establishment in this city employing illegals in some capacity, how is it that Starbuck's manages not to?

I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm thrilled that there's one place I can go to in San Diego to get a cup of coffee where the employees' native language is English, and they don't look at me as if they want to slice my throat out. But again, I'm just curious about them, that's all.
    Wow, you can spot illegal aliens just by looking at them! I could reasonably infer that you decipher a person's legal status by their looks. THIS KIND OF DISCRIMINATION IS THE VERY REASON SOME PEOPLE ARE OPPOSED TO THIS FIGHT. IF YOU WANT TO WIN THIS FIGHT, CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE!
    What do you thing WG?
    Well if someone is working here, and doesn't speak a word of English it is almost a 100% chance they are here illegally.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Banned

Re: STARBUCK'S

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I was wondering if any of you know the story with Starbuck's. We have a zillion of them here in San Diego (and I'm a frequent customer ), and one thing I noticed, is that I've never seen a Latino employee in any of the Starbuck's, much less an illegal alien.

With just about every other eating or drinking establishment in this city employing illegals in some capacity, how is it that Starbuck's manages not to?

I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm thrilled that there's one place I can go to in San Diego to get a cup of coffee where the employees' native language is English, and they don't look at me as if they want to slice my throat out. But again, I'm just curious about them, that's all.
    Wow, you can spot illegal aliens just by looking at them! I could reasonably infer that you decipher a person's legal status by their looks. THIS KIND OF DISCRIMINATION IS THE VERY REASON SOME PEOPLE ARE OPPOSED TO THIS FIGHT. IF YOU WANT TO WIN THIS FIGHT, CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE!
    What do you thing WG?
    Speaking strivtly for myself, I have gotten pretty good at identifying illegal aliens. Most legal aliens, for example, speak English and are not working a long-term job. Most naturalized citizens speak English and have a fairly high degree of assimilation.

Let me ask you a question, Gabby: When you're walking down a dark street in a bad part of town at night, are you more likely to to keep a watchful eye on a person of a given gender and ethnicity walking up behind you? In other words, if there was a black or Hispanic male approaching you from behind wearing attire typically associated with street gangs, would your adrenaline level be more likely to rise than if you were being approached by an elderly Jewish woman?

See, we all engage in some degree of profiling on a daily basis. This is not racism. It is the sort of pragmatism that keeps most of us out of trouble.

To say that someone is an illegal because they do not speak english is wrong. We have many students from other nations here in our country that are here legally. They do not know english and they know only the culture they bring with them when they arrive. I do think that we have a tendency at times to over react when we see someone from another country here.
    The proper thing to do is to introduce yourself to the person. Treat them as you would like to be treated and see what kind of reponse you get. If they only speak spanish or another language, you are sometimes still able to communicate by finding specific topics that relate to them in a friendly fashion. People that are here legally are very proud of the status they have and they will attemp to communicate with you in one way or another. The people that are here illegally often stay quite and have very little conversation to offer. You can see many havens for illegals in our country and they flock to these areas by the thousands.
    Unfortunately, the State of California is one of these places. You can more or less tell if someone is an illegal by their habits and the people they sorround themselves with. People that defending illegals find this characterization as offensive but it is true. Very few illegals are engaged and involved. Many of them don't understand the American culture and are not interested.
    I'm surprised that we have not seen a spanish version of Starbucks in theses area. After all they are good at copying everything.

Quote Originally Posted by gusgriswald
    To say that someone is an illegal because they do not speak english is wrong. We have many students from other nations here in our country that are here legally. They do not know english and they know only the culture they bring with them when they arrive. I do think that we have a tendency at times to over react when we see someone from another country here. ....
    True a persons grasp of the English language is not the sole indicator of one's legal status, it is however a sticking point in the illegal immigration debate.
    Students that are here learning to speak English (and I'm assuming they are here legally and even if they aren't it's at least a step int he assimilation direction) are not the issue. People that are breaking our laws and on top of this refuse to speak English as well as adopt any of our culture is the issue.
    There is a difference when someone attempts to speak English, every other immigrant group to this country has had to do this and have succeeded.
    The type of person who is genuinely looking to become a legal resident of this country is not the type of person who refuses to learn English.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast