Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State Attorney Generals to investigate Dirty Harry’s deal!

SEE: Top SC prosecutor, others probing health care deal

[b][i]“Attorney General Henry McMaster said he and his counterparts in Alabama, Colorado, Michigan, North Dakota, Texas and Washington state - all Republicans - are jointly taking a look at the deal they've dubbed the "Nebraska compromise."

"The Nebraska compromise, which permanently exempts Nebraska from paying Medicaid costs that Texas and all other 49 states must pay, may violate the United States Constitution - as well as other provisions of federal law," Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said.â€

What the point should be is that this whole bill is unconstitutuional. Why pick out just one dirty deal? How about the deal with Louisiana and other deals we probably don't know about?

Governor Ric Perry takes aim at Dirty Harry!

SEE: Texas Governor Says States Must Stand Up To Federal Intrusion

Texas to review constitutionality of Nebraska compromise.

[b][i]“Governor Rick Perry today sent a letter asking other governors to join him in ongoing efforts to assert the constitutional rights of states as guaranteed under the 10th Amendment with regard to the federal health care bill being forced through by Congress.

He urged the governors to support and join efforts by Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott and several other state attorneys general to determine the constitutionality of a compromise in the pending federal health care legislation exempting the state of Nebraska from increased Medicaid costs resulting from the bill’s passage.â€

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    What the point should be is that this whole bill is unconstitutuional. Why pick out just one dirty deal? How about the deal with Louisiana and other deals we probably don't know about?
    I believe constitutional challenges need to be specific. I understand the states are taking the "Nebraska purchase" flank. Others are going to challenge on other specific portions, including where congress gets the constitutional power to do this at all.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The issue of the bill being Constitutional does need to be specific. Why there should even be a debate over it just floors me. Congress mandating health insurance, will do the same thing that mandating auto insurance has done. It puts people over barrell, and at the mercy of the insurance companies like we are now with auto insurance. And you are forced to pay what they decide you pay.

Now I don't see how the people being mandated to buy health insurance or any other insurance falls under the enumerated powers of the Constitution and what Congress is given the power to do through that enumeration. No matter how you stretch or interpret the Constitution it just does not fit. No matter how you look at it!

This is just a very bad piece of legislation and for the likes of Pelosi or Reid, or Frank to say that the Constitution allows this abomonation of a bill to be Constitutional is travesty of the intent of the Framers.

April
    The issue of the bill being Constitutional does need to be specific. Why there should even be a debate over it just floors me.
    Me too, it appears that the debate is all for show....so we are fooled into thinking that they actually thought about doing the right thing. IMO everything with these traitors is theater and nothing more. Their true agenda is from the masters who pull their strings and pad their pockets, so they take the time to put on a show for us that they care what we think, all the time knowing EXACTLY what the outcome will be. This is evident over and over on the news when you hear before the debate or vote from a Rep. or Senator that a travesty will pass or be shoved through. It is all for show because the outcome is known way ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    The issue of the bill being Constitutional does need to be specific. Why there should even be a debate over it just floors me.
    Me too, it appears that the debate is all for show....so we are fooled into thinking that they actually thought about doing the right thing. IMO everything with these traitors is theater and nothing more. Their true agenda is from the masters who pull their strings and pad their pockets, so they take the time to put on a show for us that they care what we think, all the time knowing EXACTLY what the outcome will be. This is evident over and over on the news when you hear before the debate or vote from a Rep. or Senator that a travesty will pass or be shoved through. It is all for show because the outcome is known way ahead of time.
    April it is with a heavy heart I have to say I believe you're right.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    April it is with a heavy heart I have to say I believe you're right.
    I understand how you feel but the sooner we realize that neither party truly cares about us and are gaming us, the SOONER WE THE PEOPLE will KICK THEM ALL OUT and replace them with Patriots who TRULY care about what we think and we can regain control of our government which has become a runaway train. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

I understand how you feel but the sooner we realize that neither party truly cares about us and are gaming us, the SOONER WE THE PEOPLE will KICK THEM ALL OUT and replace them with Patriots who TRULY care about what we think and we can regain control of our government which has become a runaway train. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!
    Sadly the politics of NY and NYC are so completely corrupted only Federal Mandates could turn it around but the Feds are happy with the status quo.

Schumer stepping into Kennedy's role as the Amnesty Champion is because they believe he is totally immune from ever being voted out of office. As long as NY voting requirements do little to prevent IAs from voting they're probably right.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Schumer stepping into Kennedy's role as the Amnesty Champion is because they believe he is totally immune from ever being voted out of office.
    That is their agenda to get corrupt people who can stay in office indefinately and keep the corruption going FOREVER......and it is their agenda to try to keep a corrupt president /dictator in office forever as well, Time to knock the apple cart over and start anew!!!! The agenda will continue on until WE THE PEOPLE KICK THEM ALL OUT!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast