Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State of Michigan to Hire Workers from India for State Jobs

State of Michigan to Hire Workers from India for Stimulus Jobs

IBM has plans to bring temporary workers from India, also known as L1's, into East Lansing, Michigan's IBM U.S. Global Delivery Center. The State of Michigan helped supply this center with startup grants and is providing State of Michigan projects to the IBM facility, which will be used to staff State projects with Indian temporary workers given preference over Michigan residents in hiring. The facility will be staffed 80% with Indian labor and 20% with Michigan State University interns. Many of these projects will be funded with Federal ARRA Stimulus money and involve gathering data on Michigan residents; much of the work managed at this Michigan IBM facility will also be offshored to IBM delivery centers in India, meaning that stimulus dollars meant to hire Michigan citizens may end up hiring even more temporary workers in India itself. Government work offshored to India has been implicated in the theft of customer data from the US, and in one recent criminal case involving an Obama appointee, it was discovered that the offshoring of American citizen data involved false labor billings and illegal kickback schemes.

ELE

Employers want to pay them less and offer no benefits.

I guess there are no Americans that are looking for work? And/or or there are no qualified Americans for these jobs? Bunk.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Employers want to pay them less and offer no benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    I guess there are no Americans that are looking for work? And/or or there are no qualified Americans for these jobs? Bunk.
    But when people from India are given these jobs they have to receive training from American citizens on how to do them.

Just shows how corrupt our government is at all levels.

Millere could you please list your source address with the article.

Thanks

USPatriot
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Insane. Last I heard MI has one of the highest unemplyment rates in the nation and they are importing more foreigners for our jobs...nice.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Millere could you please list your source address with the article.

Thanks

USPatriot
    I live close to East Lansing and the article was based on personal knowledge I have of Indian L1's throwing Michigan IT professionals out of work and the State of Michigan using IBM to transfer work to Indian offshore centers. I will put up more as I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Insane. Last I heard MI has one of the highest unemplyment rates in the nation and they are importing more foreigners for our jobs...nice.

Governor Granholm is bitterly hated in our state.

MW
    millere wrote:

State of Michigan to Hire Workers from India for Stimulus Jobs

IBM has plans to bring temporary workers from India, also known as L1's, into East Lansing, Michigan's IBM U.S. Global Delivery Center. The State of Michigan helped supply this center with startup grants and is providing State of Michigan projects to the IBM facility, which will be used to staff State projects with Indian temporary workers given preference over Michigan residents in hiring. The facility will be staffed 80% with Indian labor and 20% with Michigan State University interns. Many of these projects will be funded with Federal ARRA Stimulus money and involve gathering data on Michigan residents; much of the work managed at this Michigan IBM facility will also be offshored to IBM delivery centers in India, meaning that stimulus dollars meant to hire Michigan citizens may end up hiring even more temporary workers in India itself. Government work offshored to India has been implicated in the theft of customer data from the US, and in one recent criminal case involving an Obama appointee, it was discovered that the offshoring of American citizen data involved false labor billings and illegal kickback schemes.
    What are the good citizens of Michigan doing about it?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I cannot fathom where our Government's priorities are?
    What the hell is going on???
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I cannot fathom where our Government's priorities are?
    What the hell is going on???
    I swear they want to bring more foreigners in than Americans in to proceede with their agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast