Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State Police to Enforce Immigration Laws

South Carolina Legislature Considers Allowing State Police to Enforce Immigration Laws

Published April 07, 2011

South Carolina law enforcement officers would check a person's immigration status after they're stopped or arrested if they're suspected of being in the United States illegally, under a bill that is to be debated Thursday in a legislative subcommittee.

The bill, which the state Senate passed last month, says someone with a valid driver's license, military ID or passport would be presumed a legal resident. If officers suspect someone is in the country illegally, they would have to call Immigration and Customs Enforcement. But a person could not be held on that suspicion.

The measure would also make it a felony to sell or produce fake IDs for illegal immigrants. It would tack a fee onto non-business, out-of-country wire transfers. And it creates a new unit to enforce illegal immigration law.

This is based on a story by The Associated Press.

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politi ... z1IrAqgo9a
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

way to go
    yes yes
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The thing that bothers me about many of the bills that are going forward is they they all the suspicion of being illegal in them. I have my "papers", I have to show them all of the time, since I have nothing to hide, it is not a big deal.

I think that people that are here illegaly that are being held in county and municiple jails should be transfered to federal facilities and held in them until trial or sentencing and not be the burden of the local jail systems. That way they don't get "lost" before court.

After all, it is a federal problem.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i would think that they can only continue to suspect someone here illegally if they do not have documents in their possession.
    Like the AZ law. if someone shows an ID. then the officer has to assume they are legally in the US

Banned
    James...It all depends on the ID that the suspect presents. For one if he presents a drivers license from a state that issues to illegals then the officer should and no doubt would ask for a second form of ID. Also dispatch can run the ID and check for warrents, get full discription on record, residency and other items that can all be a clue to the arresting officer.

Banned
    Think thats a good thing each state shuold do it.Profiling maybe but it needs to be done.I bet 9 out of 10 pulled over would be illegal.Deport em get rid of them anyway they can whatever it takes.

maybe

You hope the memo has gone out on NM UT and WA to all law enforcement but who knows.

Banned
    they are all scared to death of the profiling label

This country needs to get over that bs , hispanics are the biggest violators of immigration laws , they should be profiled , If you have papers , no big deal