Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State Requirements for Voter I.D.

I was very shocked to see the acceptable list for voter identification. Most of these do not even need a photo I.D. They accept utility bills, telephone bills, hunting licenses and oh yes, drivers licenses. If New York passes driver's licenses for illegals I guess that means they are free to vote also.

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/legismgt/e ... htm#table2

Our system of voting scares me. As special interest groups like to say. "I feel disenfranchised."
    Voting is supposed to be the way to keep government in line. It is our most precious possession as citizens. But without proper identification, who knows who is voting.
    This country owes it to the citizens to insure the integrity of our elections.
    We know politicians can be bought. If our elections are bought, we as a nation are doomed.

It's a travesty. Anyone who wishes to vote in this country certainly can. Anytime a dog can receive a voter registration card, the sky's the limit.

This is precisely why so many are pandering to the illegals. They are expecting to receive their vote.

As a non citizen, legal immigrant to the US I would not dream of voting. This is a right for citizens. Infact if you review the new citizenship test this is one of the questions.

Surely if you are a citizen you have a birth certificate, if not then a passport. I would advocate these being compulsory before you can cast your vote.

If people get upset then maybe they should look after their paperwork. I know exactly where both my birth certificate and passport are and can put my hand on them any time.

Just my thoughts.

In Ca. I've seen recruiters at the entrance at DMV signing up anyone that just received a license.
    ------------------------