Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

State Senate OKs Dream Act for immigrants’ kids

State Senate OKs Dream Act for immigrants’ kids

May 5, 2011 02:12AM

SPRINGFIELD — Undocumented college students would gain new access to privately funded scholarships under legislation that passed the Senate on Wednesday with support from immigration-rights groups.

The Illinois Dream Act, which passed 45-11 and now moves to the House, would establish a state commission to dole out privately funded scholarships to as many as 95,000 children of undocumented immigrants. No taxpayer dollars would be used.

The measure, sponsored by Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago), also would allow undocumented immigrants ages 18 to 29 with taxpayer-identification cards to invest in the state’s Bright Start and College Illinois programs.

“We are simply saying they should be treated as other children are who want to go to college,â€

ahh, the traitors. even brady wil give the knife a twist. the house better stop this in its tracks.

They

They should not be able to take up valuable college seats.

considering the amount of latinos there no one should be suprised that this happened. LAtinos who support the rule of law sadly are the exception not the norm. Now these kids are going to take money that could be going to AMERICAN students who could help our economy. This kind of thing makes me sick. The only thing that makes me sicker is peope who vote for it and the only thing that makes me sicker than that is peope who vote them into office.
    <div>"If I had known this I would have picked my own cotton"</div>

What happens to the Republicans, maybe they are changing their minds, were convinced by this man Obama, can not be as functional to the personal interests in Europe do not know how to get to storm inmgrantes and U.S. want to reward that violates ... that awful !!!... what happens to these politicians?

April
    A Dream for illegals and NIGHTMARE for American citizens!!!! The better stop this one in its tracks!!!!