Sent this to me through the mail. Sorry I have no scanner so I will type it out, forgive any errors. Just recieved it, posted September 12th. So thought I would share.

Dear XXXXX

Thanks you for contacting me regarding the Securing Knowledge, Innovation, and Leadership (SKIL) Act, H.R 5744. I appreciate hearing from you.

H.R 5744 Was introduced by Representative Shadegg on June 29,2006. The bill aims to give foreign-born graduates of U.S unviversities the oppurtunity to stay in America to join the U.S workforce. H.R 5744 would also increase the allotment of H-1B visas, returning to prior level of 115,000 with potential for future increases. The SKIL Act is currently being reviewed by the House Judiciary Committee.

The Senate has also recently passed legislation which would support guest workers, S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act. The bill would establish a temporary guest worker program using H-2C visas and expand the employment eligibility verification system to all employers. S. 2611 passed the Senate on May 25 by a vote of 62-36.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future regarding matters of concern to you.

Best Regards,
Steve Buyer
Member of Congress