Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Stop Unjust Deportation,"

Posted on Tue, Jan. 18, 2011
    Immigrant-rights advocates protest 'unjust' deportation on MLK Day
    By JULIE SHAW
    Philadelphia Daily News

shawj@phillynews.com 215-854-2592

CARRYING signs that blared "Stop Unjust Deportation," more than 200 immigrant-rights advocates took to the streets yesterday to rally against what they see as civil-rights injustices.

On Martin Luther King Jr. Day, they marched to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office, at 16th and Callowhill streets, raising their voices for Chally Dang, for Mout Iv, for Davy Phean, for Vanney Van.

The four Cambodian immigrants sit in York County Prison, detained by ICE. They had been welcomed into this country as refugees and became legal permanent residents.

But each had committed a crime, and although they served their prison times, under 1996 immigration laws they are deportable back to Cambodia without a hearing before an immigration judge on the merits of their cases.

Before the march, supporters gathered at the Arch Street United Methodist Church, on North Broad Street, where state Rep. Mark Cohen, D-Phila., told them: "Martin Luther King loved demonstrations. . . . It is clear members of the Cambodian community and others being deported for crimes committed in the past . . . should not be deported."

The Rev. Robin Hynicka, church pastor, said that community service on MLK Day "just doesn't cut it." Instead, what the immigrant-rights groups were doing - standing up for human rights, protesting - is what makes "life worth living for me," he said.

Dang was 15 when he committed an aggravated assault. He served five-plus years in prison.

He is now 28, married and a father of four kids, ages 3 months to 6 years. He was working for a vending company when he and his fellow Cambodians were detained in Sept. 21. He now awaits deportation to Cambodia - a country he has never set foot in. Dang was born in a Thailand refugee camp.

"The person he was when he was 15, he's not that person anymore," his wife, Ana Maria Cruz, 27, said as she stood outside the ICE office, which was closed yesterday for the federal holiday.

"He doesn't deserve a double punishment."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110 ... K_Day.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

CARRYING signs that blared "Stop Unjust Deportation," more than 200 immigrant-rights advocates took to the streets yesterday to rally against what they see as civil-rights injustices.
    It is not unjust,, they aren't supposed to be here and to "stamp their little feet" when they know they have broken the law shows their utter contempt for this country and our laws. They are, in my opinion, nothing but looting my country and they need to be removed I don't care how many anchors they drop, they are citizens and subject to foreign countries.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am sick of these illegal alien advocates comparing their plight to the Civil Rights Era. There is no comparison. Our black Americans were discriminated against and that will always be a black mark in our history but these are foreign lawbreakers so there is no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    foreign lawbreakers
    "Illegal Foreign Diplomats!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Stop Unjust Deportation,"
    That's an oxymoron. There's no such thing as an Unjust Deportation when an illegal invader is concerned!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    "ang was 15 when he committed an aggravated assault."

So we should just ignore the laws ?

This is a deportable case if I ever saw one ,

They should not have waited this long , out of prison , out of the country

Banned
    If they are here and a legal immigrant and they break the law then yes they need to be deported. Just because they come here does not give them the right to have a blank check to do whatever they want to. If they commit a felony crime then they deserve to be deported. Let the activists cry and stomp their feet all they want. Just don't let them stand in the way of any deportation.