Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Strangest Thing On The Radio

There is a radio station(news/traffic/weather only) in my area that has been doing the strangest thing for a few months now-during a few news breaks,only VERY few,they broadcast the first part of the latest news updates in Spanish then English.
    What I am curious about is- Does the radio station really think Spanish speaking people keep listening for hours to a language they don't understand just for the one or two 60 seconds of news in Spanish? I would think these people just go ahead and tune into the all- Spanish station.
    Just something odd I noticed and thought I'd share with y'all.

Rawhide!

I'm not sure where you live but where I do stations use some type of system where the broardcast from Mexico and they do have some spanish spoken on it, usually just the required station ID.
    It would help if you knew what they were saying to answer your question.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MD sorry I wasn't very thorough in my first post .My best guess is it is either a possible link to another station or just a quick announcement of the latest news.
    Its a local station here in northern Va, pretty much just alternates between traffic reports,weather and little blurbs of news.
    Sometimes after the Spanish there is someone speaking in very heavily accented English that will talk for a moment(what they say is what makes me think it is a news update)once they said something along the lines of "the hispanic community is fully behind helping environmental causes".
    Hope I cleared it up some,let me know if not.

Rawhide!

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I'm not sure where you live but where I do stations use some type of system where the broardcast from Mexico and they do have some spanish spoken on it, usually just the required station ID.
    It would help if you knew what they were saying to answer your question.
    I used to listen to 91X back when it was actually a good station.....ever listen to that one MD? Any way, they broadcast out of Mexico.....and every night at like mid-night, they play the Mexican national anthem.

Its the worst sounding song ever. Just a chaos of sound. And they play the same verse over and over and over.

Oh God, I have it in my head........ ...........oh, no...........I can't get it out

I bet I got it in yours too.

HAHA.....sorry
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

and every night at like mid-night, they play the Mexican national anthem.
    I think Iheard that last night on Letterman. Jose Feliciano singing "Turkey Buzzard"
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    We will never hear of such a thing localy
    but
    once a day cable tv does the 6 news in spanish on a cable station that is off all day then it goes off again
    I have been working hard to get that baned...
    efforts have been mute so far

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    and every night at like mid-night, they play the Mexican national anthem.
    I think Iheard that last night on Letterman. Jose Feliciano singing "Turkey Buzzard"
    lol yep sure was
    he he he he

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    I used to listen to 91X back when it was actually a good station.....ever listen to that one MD? Any way, they broadcast out of Mexico.....and every night at like mid-night, they play the Mexican national anthem.

Its the worst sounding song ever. Just a chaos of sound. And they play the same verse over and over and over.

Oh God, I have it in my head........ ...........oh, no...........I can't get it out

I bet I got it in yours too.

HAHA.....sorry

I'm on the Mexican ray-di-o, ray-di-o....
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_shlitz

I'm on the Mexican ray-di-o, ray-di-o....

I wish I was in......Tijuana.....Eatin' bar-be-qued eguana.

That was actually a pretty bad ass song......its too bad the radio stations are filled with that emo BS today.....thats why I stopped listening to 91X here in SD.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

POP QUIZ for BearFlagRepublic and Sgt Schlitz-
    Can you name the band that sang "Mexican Radio"?

Rawhide!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast