Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Strike - 4 day weekends until Washington listens

I propose that we the legal should organize a national strike until Washington gets the message.

By arranging the strike around weekends (taking off Fridays and Mondays) we will pick up people looking for a reason to take off anyway.

Two extra days off a week is 40% of the typical work week. It wouldn't have to last long before Washington paid attention to us.

There is symbolism in this as well. If our economy depends on illegals, guess how much it depends on legals!

Welcome Keylime, we are considering a Day Without An American on April 17 <--- tax day.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hello W, thank you for the quick response!

A "Day Without An American" on 17 April works for me. The other good thing about this sort of action is that it eliminates the danger of any sort of confrontation like a march could.

Anyway, I take it there is a discussion going on about this here somewhere so I will go find it. Thanks again!

Keep in mind

FYI

Federal Regualtion mandates the Banks (financial institutions) cannot be closed more than three days in a row. If you can get enough support to interrupt this, or at least make it difficult you would get the attention of major corporations. Just something the think about....

Hey, keylime. Good to have you.

W, sign me up for the "Day Without an American" but who'll subsidize the illegals that day?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i already took the 17th off of work.. when i told my boss she just stared at me.

In the field I'm in, illegals dont impact it. So wouldn't do me any good to take off.

mine either. it's more symbolic than anything. maybe ill burn my tax return paperwork or something

In the field I'm in, illegals dont impact it.

Quote Originally Posted by Truism
    In the field I'm in, illegals dont impact it. So wouldn't do me any good to take off.
    It's the people taking off in the fields not affected by illegals that I think would make the biggest difference. It would show the sentiment not limited to a specific segment of society.

An alternative for those who, for whatever reason, absolutely cannot take a day off would be to consume as little as possible on that day. By that I don't mean shifting your purchases to other days but actually changing the way you live and consuming less on that one day.

Sure, the effect would be hardly a blip on the economic radar but it would be participating in the event and perhaps on the next "Day Without an American" more people would take off as they are now already psychologically involved.

Another idea: cards saying you won't do business

Another idea I have had would be to get some business cards printed (the ones you can do at home would be fine) which say something like: "I will not knowingly do business with those who hire illegal aliens." Putting a URL on it pointing to more information on-line would probably be good too.

Then you just hand them out whenever you are making a purchase. A manager who gets even a dozen of those in a week is going to start to think twice about who he employs.

It will also let other people know they are not alone in their sentiment. Something can and is being done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast