Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Study: Arizona's E-Verify Law Reduced Illegal Migration, Increased Returns

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #11
    Administrator ALIPAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Gheen, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    63,987
    "For the first time, our study shows that state-level immigration restrictions in the United States were effective in deterring the flow of unauthorized migrants into this country.
    We've known this fact for years here at ALIPAC and done our best to informt the nation. We stil need more info about why certain illegal aliens are being authorized to work by E-verify according to ALIPAC sources on the ground in Arizona.
    Beezer likes this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

  2. #12
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    We've known this fact for years here at ALIPAC and done our best to informt the nation. We stil need more info about why certain illegal aliens are being authorized to work by E-verify according to ALIPAC sources on the ground in Arizona.
    I suspect that is because they have quality fake documents and stolen social security numbers or the documents of someone else. I don't deny that there are probably some weaknesses on the part of some employers to detect fraudulent documents. That's why documents need to be screened periodically through inspections by the feds.

    I doubt there is anything we can do that will be 100% infallible. However, I believe a nationally mandated E-Verify program would have a noticeable effect toward reducing illegal immigration. Make it as difficult as we can for them to work and many will have no alternative but to return home. Of course that won't stop the illegals that come here to exploit Americans through criminal enterprise ... those are the illegals we'll have to track down and imprison or deport . Just my opinion.

    Beezer likes this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Assuming you paid taxes in those jobs, the Social Security Administration already has that information.
    SS has earnings, not details. And they are now changing card numbers because what was originally supposed to be confidential has been abused by the government. IRS has details, but that is supposed to remain confidential. Yet you can see that people leak this information to hurt some like President Trump.

    We can't trust government with what they have. Why should we give them more?

    As I pointed out, if verification that you are in the country legally is what is required, ICE already can verify that information. E-Verify is a new database which will keep records on all citizen's works history, not just aliens.

    If E-Verify was just a compilation of your ID and "citizen, Yes, No?", or "immigration legal, Yes, No?", that would be fine. But it goes far beyond that!

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    However, I believe a nationally mandated E-Verify program would have a noticeable effect toward reducing illegal immigration.
    So would a police force controlling everything you do. Is that what you want? A dictator would be more efficient than a congress of 535 people trying to agree on anything. Is that what you want?

    Jobs are just one attraction for aliens to come here. But the freebees are also a great attraction. If we arrest and deport illegal aliens, instead of giving them a pass, that is a deterrent.

    E-verify can work for major businesses, but not for small operations and others that are off books. To be fair, every home owner who hires a neighbor kid to cut their lawn must register with E-Verify. We already have cities citing kids who sell lemonade in their front yard for not obtaining a business license. You are for totalitarianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Make it as difficult as we can for them to work and many will have no alternative but to return home. Of course that won't stop the illegals that come here to exploit Americans through criminal enterprise ... those are the illegals we'll have to track down and imprison or deport .
    But that also makes it difficult for some Americans to get work. I would rather law enforcement would enforce our laws and arrest those they find rather than punish all Americans with another bureaucracy to abuse them.

  5. #15
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,650
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    SS has earnings, not details. And they are now changing card numbers because what was originally supposed to be confidential has been abused by the government. IRS has details, but that is supposed to remain confidential. Yet you can see that people leak this information to hurt some like President Trump.

    We can't trust government with what they have. Why should we give them more?

    As I pointed out, if verification that you are in the country legally is what is required, ICE already can verify that information. E-Verify is a new database which will keep records on all citizen's works history, not just aliens.

    If E-Verify was just a compilation of your ID and "citizen, Yes, No?", or "immigration legal, Yes, No?", that would be fine. But it goes far beyond that!

    You are dead wrong about the Social Security Administration not having a complete work history for every American with a social security number. The SSA has detailed information about your work history, including employment dates, employer names and addresses, and earnings. The fact that you are wrong on this makes much of your argument moot.

    There sure is a lot of shooting from the hip around here lately. It would sure be nice if folks would do a little research before attempting to pass of falsehoods as actual fact.




    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

    You are dead wrong about the Social Security Administration not having a complete work history for every American with a social security number. The SSA has detailed information about your work history, including employment dates, employer names and addresses, and earnings.
    So are all those details public? Can you current employer get those records to see every employer you worked for? There is a specific purpose for them to maintain an account of your earnings. They are banking for your future.

    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    The fact that you are wrong on this makes much of your argument moot.
    An easy out!

    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    There sure is a lot of shooting from the hip around here lately. It would sure be nice if folks would do a little research before attempting to pass of falsehoods as actual fact.
    So you don't like people who disagree with your opinion of what should be?

    When this country was new, there was no comprehensive records on anything you did, unless you were convicted of a crime. But as technology created the ability, government wants to know everything. In a totalitarian country, there should be no crime. But people so controlled rebel and you end up with more crime. Our government is trying to get more control over everybody. I'm not for that!


  7. #17
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,650
    jtdc wrote (excerpt):

    So you don't like people who disagree with your opinion of what should be?
    I have absolutely no problem with folks having a different opinion. However, I do find it a little frustrating when people attempt to pass off false information as actual truth to further their agenda or argument. If you're not 100% sure of something, just research it. To shoot from the hip without actually knowing if you're right or wrong about a specific fact is just laziness. In an even worse case scenario, it means a person is attempting to mislead or hide the truth.

    Honestly, regarding your false information concerning the information held by the SSA, I don't know if you were attempting to mislead or if you actually believed the information you provided was true, which it wasn't.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Honestly, regarding your false information concerning the information held by the SSA, I don't know if you were attempting to mislead or if you actually believed the information you provided was true, which it wasn't.
    Are you saying that SS records are open to the public?

    My nurses and caretaker can't talk to SS or Medicare about my account without my authorization!
    Last edited by jtdc; 06-07-2018 at 06:06 PM.

  9. #19
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,650
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    Are you saying that SS records are open to the public?

    No, I never said or implied such.

    For the last time. You Said:

    SS has earnings, not details.
    I said:

    The SSA has detailed information about your work history, including employment dates, employer names and addresses, and earnings.
    Nobody but you said anything about the information being accessible by the general public. It is not.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Nobody but you said anything about the information being accessible by the general public. It is not.
    FOR THE "LAST TIME" SS NEEDS THAT BECAUSE IT IS AN ACCOUNT DEALING WITH YOUR MONEY. E-VERIFY ONLY NEEDS YOUR NAME AND WHETHER YOU ARE LEGALLY HERE. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THEM TO MAINTAIN A HISTORY ON YOU!
    Judy likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Study: H-1B Visas Reduced Computer Programmer Employment by Up to 11%
    By Jean in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2017, 01:49 AM
  2. Study finds little enforcement for E-Verify law in Arizona
    By JohnDoe2 in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2015, 03:50 PM
  3. Study: Increased enforcement has driven illegal immigrants f
    By Dixie in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 11:22 AM
  4. Deported illegal migrant returns(& returns & returns
    By MopheadBlue in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 12:56 PM
  5. Increased migration to US holds back wages
    By Brian503a in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 04:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •