The Stupidity Of The Average American

Posted By Frank Camp on Sep 25, 2013

Orson Wells said: “Popularity should be no scale for the election of politicians. If it would depend on popularity, Donald Duck and The Muppets would take seats in senate.”

I’m just going to lay it out: about half of Americans are downright stupid. I’ve always liked to believe that the culprit behind the seeming lack of critical thought in the United States was the media, or the deception of politicians. But I have to admit the abject failure of the American people to critically analyze the world around them.

I believe we are continuing on the decline. People just don’t care anymore. Younger Americans seem to have this notion that, in the end, who gets elected doesn’t really matter, so long as they are cool, and give Americans free stuff.
In a recent interview, Harry “dead on arrival” Reid said this about Obamacare:

“So I think that ‘Obamacare’ is the right thing for the country. And it’s going to—people are accepting this. As you know, as I talked about on the floor this morning, the numbers are really pretty good for ‘Obamacare,’ and that’s an understatement.”

Uh, the numbers are actually horrendous for Obamacare. According to Forbes:

“Between 2014 and 2022, the increase in national health spending (which the Medicare actuaries specifically attribute to the law) amounts to $7,450 per family of 4.”

That is just one piece of a mountain of evidence—both empirical and anecdotal—that points to Obamacare being an unmitigated disaster. Yet Harry Reid simply says that the numbers for Obamacare look good, and were just supposed to accept that as gospel truth. Sure.

One would like to believe that Americans would have the ability to google the same statistics I do. If they did, they would see in plain numbers that Obamacare is a monster and President Obama is a fraud of epic proportions. But rather than use their brains, they simply listen to the Liberal echo chamber in which they live, feeling cozy and reassured.

Talking to Jay Leno, Justin Timberlake had this to say about Obama: “Man, he’s the coolest guy I ever met…Let me just say that.” And? Oh, I guess that’s it. He’s cool. I guess that means he’s a good President.

Our culture is so brain-dead that a President can enact something as hideous as Obamacare, and get re-elected. In the face of a Mount Everest of negative numbers and stories, Obama voters—otherwise known as approximately 50% of Americans who vote—live blissfully unaware. They gobble up the opinions of pop stars, and the bald-faced lies of Democrats as if there is no alternate argument. They are either stupid or intentionally
ignorant. It doesn’t matter which.

Coolness doesn’t make someone a good President. In fact, if Obama is the embodiment of “cool,” I want someone really, super uncool in 2016.

Read more at http://lastresistance.com/3266/stupi...GKz8gS7KOqt.99